ROSWELL MOVIE CAMPAIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Are you going to participate?

yes
41%
no
44%
not sure
15%

Total votes: 34

hks_bsb
Enthusiastic Roswellian

ROSWELL MOVIE CAMPAIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by hks_bsb »

From http://www.roswellmovie.net

~Hannah~

International Contact the Creators Day

Sunday, May 7th marks the final air date of Roswell and we want to let the creators know that we still love Roswell and we still want a movie. So, it’s time for a new campaign, it will be a simple one day event and we hope everyone will participate. All you have to do is tell them how Roswell has touched you and why you would like to see the movie happen. We want to make this an International event to prove to them that Roswell has touched the hearts of people around the world.

Click to enlarge

All we ask is for you to sit down and write a note to the creators, telling them from the heart why you love this show, that simple. We are providing a card for you to print out and then write your message on the back, or you can just use your own cards or paper, let your imagination go - just keep it simple, please. You can send it to all three or you can take your pick of just one or two, it’ll be up to you. We will be sending out the cards on April 29th, 2006, this will give them time to get there before the anniversary date. Hopefully they will arrive in large groups, the North American ones should arrive first, and the foreign ones will arrive a little later. It should make quite an impression when they see your letters pouring in from around the world.

Here’s where they go:

Jonathan Frakes

c/o Joni LIndblom

JLL Management. Inc.

10601 Cloverfield Blvd.

2nd Floor, South Tower

Santa Monica, CA 90404

Jason Katims

10201 W. Pico Blvd.

Bldg. 54 Rm 4

LA, CA 90035

Fox

c/o Jason Katims

10201 W. Pico Blvd.

Bldg 54 Rm 4

LA, CA 90035

Jason Katims assistant has been kind enough to make sure the right people at Fox receive theirs.

So, make sure to mark your calendars for Saturday, April 29th, 2006 for the International Contact the Creators Day

Our thanks to everyone that participates,

RoswellMovie.net staff
Whats so great about normal???

http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Roswell_Dreamers/

*Kaylee & Simon* *Keria & Lewis* *Michael and Sarah*
Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

I'll be mailing letters on the 29th :D
By French Dreamer

"Evans, take it from someone who has seen way too many telegrams go out to newly widowed wives. In the long run it's best to travel as light as you can, if you know what I mean." Jim Valenti

Coming Soon!
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

No I won't participate. Good luck to you, but I won't trust those morons TPTB again. Leave it to the fans and the fic writers.

Rick
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
Anna-Liisa
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Anna-Liisa »

Kzinti_Killer wrote:No I won't participate. Good luck to you, but I won't trust those morons TPTB again. Leave it to the fans and the fic writers.

Rick
Same opinion. Gosh, fan fic writers can do much better work than them. Even if I do want to see Nick working on something bigger, I don't want to see a Roswell movie.
The only "ism" Hollywood believes in is plagiarism.
- Dorothy Parker
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Firstly, I wouldn't enjoy it with any different people in the cast. Period. And secondly, I agree with the above... I think it would just end up screwing up canon MORE.

But for those of you who do want it, I wish you luck.
Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

cardinalgirl wrote:Firstly, I wouldn't enjoy it with any different people in the cast. Period. And secondly, I agree with the above... I think it would just end up screwing up canon MORE.

But for those of you who do want it, I wish you luck.
I saw the posts of people who don't want a movie, and at first

I just read them and moved on, but when I read the post above I decided

to post something. I hope what I post doesn't cause a commotion.

I come in Peace :D

First of all I have to tell you that I want a roswell movie. Secondly, I think

I can say that everyone that wants a movie wants the original cast to be

in the movie. Ok, before everyone starts laughing, I know that it's been

said over and over again that the original cast has moved on to bigger and

better things in their careers. I understand that, but when I see Katie

doing so well on Grey's and Jason doing more movies, Brendan

on CSI MIAMI, etc ,etc, etc, I really believe now is the time if TPTB are

ever gonna make the dream a reality. Why, you might ask? Because

Katie and the gang are being exposed to far more of an audience then

they ever have, and with a wider audience comes greater appeal and with

greater appeal comes, YES you guessed it more fan demand. TPTB

won't make a movie without a solid fanbase, because that means

money. With the fanbase, TPTB can finally see their way clear to

offer the money necessary to change minds, and we all know that if the

cast of Roswell was offered the right amount of money, the movie would

get made :!: So that's just my 2 cents on the issue :)

Thank You

By French Dreamer

"Evans, take it from someone who has seen way too many telegrams go out to newly widowed wives. In the long run it's best to travel as light as you can, if you know what I mean." Jim Valenti

Coming Soon!
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

As far as I can tell, the fan demand just isn't there, but you never know.

My own reasoning is this. I despise what was done to the characters in season three. Completely and without exception. For me season three does not exist as canon. I won't even read post-Graduation fic. So a movie building on it is a waste of my time and money. In fact, there was once a time when I would have actively campaigned against it. I've mellowed somewhat. ;-)

Anyway, they can't rewind and erase canon. For one thing the owners of those eps would never agree to it. For another, the caste is now too old to play high teenagers believably.

My money is on a BSG-style "re-imagining" in another ten years or so. A different caste, and a different set of PTB. Let's hope that they don't do any gender bending like they did with Starbuck.

Laters,
Rick
Last edited by Kzinti_Killer on Mon May 15, 2006 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragons, Ogres, & Pretty Boy Lawyers Slain, Reasonable Rates, Call After 5:00 At 1-900-OhMyGodWhatWereTheyThinkingOf

"Fan fiction is a way of the culture repairing the damage done in a system where contemporary myths are owned by corporations instead of owned by the folk."
-- Henry Jenkins
Chrisken
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Chrisken »

Kzinti_Killer wrote: My money is on a BSG-style "re-imagining" in another ten years or so. A different caste, and a different set of PTB. Let's hope that they don't do any gender bending like they did with Starbuck.

Laters,
Rick
Hmm... interesting. You know, come to think of, they could do worse than starting again sticking a little more closely to the MMetz books... including the casting - give us a hispanic liz, blond Max, redheaded Alex, etcetera etcetera.

Even though Melinda Metz herself said that the character descriptions were based on a group of cover models that pocket books available at the time, and she thinks of Jason Behr as 'her' Max. (shrugs) Still, it'd be an interesting way to mark a new project as different from the old show, yet still connect it to the roswell community.
Read my other roswell stories!

"A man does not make his destiny: he accepts it or denies it. If the Rowan tree's roots are shallow, it bears no crown." From 'the farthest shore', Ursula LeGuin.

Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

I was thinking, since the cast left Roswell in the last eppie (and

they're not getting any younger but neither are we! :lol: ) I think It would

be great if we could pick up a movie sometime in the future. I think it

would be 8) to see how they've held up, grown up and survived under

the circumstances. I hope no one that wants a movie would want Max

and the gang to go back to being teens, :roll: I say show them as adults

adjusting to adult lives, under government scrutiny! Just my oppinion!

By French Dreamer

Coming Soon!
Kzinti_Killer
Administrator

Post by Kzinti_Killer »

Roslover39 wrote: I was thinking, since the cast left Roswell in the last eppie (and they're not getting any younger but neither are we! :lol: ) I think It would be great if we could pick up a movie sometime in the future. I think it would be 8) to see how they've held up, grown up and survived under the circumstances. I hope no one that wants a movie would want Max and the gang to go back to being teens, :roll: I say show them as adults adjusting to adult lives, under government scrutiny! Just my oppinion!
No thanks. By the end of season three the characters I loved so much were unrecognizable. They were repulsive. Whoever those people were who got in that van, I don't want to know anything about their future adulthhood.

A movie repairing the damage that those hamhanded idiots TPTB did to the canon would have been worth seeing. But a movie that accepts canon as it was at the end of season three, and tries to build on it is little more than an attempt to revive a corpse that died in an ugly messy fashion..."Night of the Living Dead"-style. I repeat, no thanks.

Rick

-- Henry Jenkins