Why is Kyle Portrayed as Gay so Often???

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Does Kyle Strike You As Gay?

YES! You don't??
9%
occasionally, when something strikes me as something particularly feminine.
21%
not really.
31%
NO! HE'S STAIGHT, DAMN IT! STRAIGHT!
40%

Total votes: 58

Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Why is Kyle Portrayed as Gay so Often???

Post by Sologirl102 »

I'm wondering, does he just give off this vibe or something that says "I'm just waiting for slash fanfiction stardom?" I mean, I've read quite a few stories with him gay, and i enjoyed them, but i think it's astounding how often he seems to be. Did falling for two girls both in love with Max Evans just irreparibly damage his self-confidence so much with XX chromosomes that he turned man-hunting? When I think about it, sure he seemed strange at times around the male aliens, but was that intentional on the writers' parts. Were they just waiting for the nonexistant fourth season to drag Kyle out of the closet?
Magic Mushroom Omelets. You know what I'm talking about.

"Do it, or I'll snap your neck, pour jelly on your body, and pray to the GODS OF JELLY... to BURN YOUR SOUL in A JELLY LIKE HELL! Now GET THE JELLY!" - Dane Cook
(Sorry, I was watching Comedy Central)
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SpiderGirl »

There were times that Kyle just seemed gay. I think they played it up to be like that, especially when he was hanging around Isabel. I think the writers tried to turn it around by making him have a crush on her. Kyle could have been gay though, but it would have been rather stereotypical of him. I think the problem is he's portrayed as gay in many fics so there's no way of knowing! But yeah it's just too easy to see Kyle as gay :lol:
"Would it be okay if I ride home with you after school?"
"Sure you can ride me home... I mean ride you home..." he trailed off feeling deeply embarrassed
"I'd like that" she said feeling unlike herself, he grinned and they began working although not really paying attention. - Max & Liz in Where I Follow.
My Roswell Music Videos
My Published Works So Far
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

I never thought Kyle seemed or acted gay at all, so reading him as gay in fanfiction was strange to me. But, often times very humorous.

I had just assumed that the writer's didn't want Kyle with Tess, and couldn't see him with anyone, so, boom, he's gay. *shrug*

Interesting though. Even though it's tough for me to see him as gay in fanfiction or on the show, it is kind of funny.

Raychel
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
LovinGuerin2Much
Addicted Roswellian

Post by LovinGuerin2Much »

I guess it all just depends on the eye of the beholder so to speak.. I have never thought of Kyle being gay and although I have to admit that if Kyle were gay in a fic I proably wouldnt read it.. I just cant see it...
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

LovinGuerin2Much wrote:I guess it all just depends on the eye of the beholder so to speak.. I have never thought of Kyle being gay and although I have to admit that if Kyle were gay in a fic I proably wouldnt read it.. I just cant see it...

Have you ever read "The Screaming Alien"? (I think it's by Sue). Kyle is gay and he is *hysterical*! I mean, don't get me wrong, it's still kind of tough for me to see him as gay, but the way he's portrayed in that fic, you can totally see glimpses of the real *straight* Kyle. -hehe- It's great!

Raychel
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
Roslover39
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roslover39 »

:?: :roll:

To be honest, the only time I thought of Kyle possibly being gay

was in The Blind Date Eppie. Remember that max and kyle were

so mad at each other for so long because of liz. Maybe the idea of

them getting together and actually getting along made their

interaction in that particular eppie seem very out of the ordinary or just

plain wrong To ME.
By French Dreamer

"Evans, take it from someone who has seen way too many telegrams go out to newly widowed wives. In the long run it's best to travel as light as you can, if you know what I mean." Jim Valenti

Coming Soon!
FaithfulAngel24
Roswell Fanatic
Location: Alabama for now, but someday I'll be on a beach in Morocco

Post by FaithfulAngel24 »

I love me some Kyle gay or straight. I like him better straight obviously because then I can daydream about him trimmin my lamp lol! :D :twisted:
Love is not finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly. Looking for a little magic? Practical Enchantment
Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

i don't know. Sometimes during the show i'd be like, when is he coming out of the closet, than he'd do something that made me go, nevermind, he's totally straight! He's straddling the fence i think.

"Do it, or I'll snap your neck, pour jelly on your body, and pray to the GODS OF JELLY... to BURN YOUR SOUL in A JELLY LIKE HELL! Now GET THE JELLY!" - Dane Cook
Fehrbaby
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Fehrbaby »

I know the one slash fic I wrote with him in it was based off the spoilers (fake, btw, but mentioned as a possiblity by Bill Sadler) that Kyle was going to be questioning his sexuality because he was having strange dreams about Max after being healed.

I can't speak for everyone else, but that's why I went that way.
Sologirl102
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Sologirl102 »

hmmm that's worth considering.