Things that made you want to bang your head against anything

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

Ti88 wrote: another question. now they figure it all out because of the mindwarp. amy came out of her's pretty quick or showed signs of it. how come everyone wasn't tapping a long time ago? tess was warping them in the beggining as part of her first plan to get max.
Was it ever stated that it was mindwarp from the beginning? I don't remember this, but I could be wrong.

And the tapping... :roll: If it really was mindwarp from the get-go, then it's another fly in the ointment. The writer's can't keep track of their loose ends, and the tapping is just one more.

Raychel
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
Ti88
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ti88 »

Raychel i though those images of max and tess together and the dreams isbael had were warps...but if not then the writers didn't loose to much ground
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Ti88 wrote:Raychel i though those images of max and tess together and the dreams isbael had were warps...but if not then the writers didn't loose to much ground
I never thought they were mind-warps. I had always thought of the dreams as way for them to "recognize" their destiny. And I like that idea better. -lol-

However, if the writer's did *intend* for them to be mindwarps, then, that's just one more loose end that they neglected. :roll:

Raychel

Grace52373
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Grace52373 »

Oh my! Where to start? as much as I loved Roswell, there were many times that I wanted to bang my head, just like when I watch Days of Our Lives! Here are some of the things that caused me to injure my head.

Okay, well the dropped plots, and unused characters for one. Amy should have been in Season 3 more, and I hated the disapperance of Brody, the other aliens (the ones that possessed humans in MITC), Sean, the so-called Michael worshippers, etc. Also the underuse of characters like Jesse. He should have been kivar, and they should have brought Alex back to save Isabel from him. I also think Grandma Claudia was underused as well. She seemed to know alot, and could have been a help to the kids! The character of Kivar, big buildup, anticlimatic defeat. I mean if it was this easy, why did they fail the first time? I also think that some flashbacks of their previous lives, even if just to show that things weren't as they seemed (Zan and Ava's great love, and Rath and Vilandra's relationship) would have been nice. It also would have been nice to see if perhaps the humans the pod squad loved were present during their previous life. Would have explained their being drawn to each other. As for the dropped parts, the end of the world was never fully explored, or why the pod squad was paired in the books, since they were not drawn to each other romantically. Zan's downfall, and Kivar's usurption. Why didn't the skins attack again, and there was one storyline they were going to have, but were forced to cut since they only were allowed 13 episodes. This storyline involved Maria and Michael searching for Maria's father. Wouldn't it have been funny if it turned out that his leaving was alien related? Kyle's mom left at the same time, and I always thought that this aspect could be explored. One fanfic author did, but I just can't remember the name of the story now.

Lastly, the Max and tess sex, Zan being human, and Max giving him up after searching for him through half the season, maria never getting a chance to kick Whortney's butt. The lack of a love scene between max and Liz, and a better reunion scene between maria and Michael in graduation, and the fact that they could have brought Ava into their four square and didn't, plus the disgusting dreams between the pod squad, were all factors that had me banging my head, and cursing the screen!
Grace
Roswell Conventionalist
Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

Ok, two things that really make me want to bang my head against something are:

Billy. Can't stand the guy. His voice is enough to make my skin crawl and I just don't like him. He's a loser.

Liz still blaming Max for what happened between him and Tess in the Ch..Ch..Changes episode. I love Liz. And I know that it hurt her when Max slept with Tess. But she chose to take him back. She chose to stick with him. Yet she keeps reminding him of his mistake like he's still doing it. In one episode she tells him that she's helping him find his son because if she had a child out there, she'd want him to help her and yet in this ep, she's telling him that every time he even mentions his son it's a constant reminder to her. If she chose to stay with him and help him find his son, then she needs to quit bringing up the past.
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Roswell4ever1 wrote: Liz still blaming Max for what happened between him and Tess in the Ch..Ch..Changes episode. I love Liz. And I know that it hurt her when Max slept with Tess. But she chose to take him back. She chose to stick with him. Yet she keeps reminding him of his mistake like he's still doing it. In one episode she tells him that she's helping him find his son because if she had a child out there, she'd want him to help her and yet in this ep, she's telling him that every time he even mentions his son it's a constant reminder to her. If she chose to stay with him and help him find his son, then she needs to quit bringing up the past.
Agreed. If it hurt her so much to hear Max talk about his son, then she should have broken it off a long time ago, or at the very least, express this to Max.

Max wasn't the only one who placed Liz up on a pedastool; the fans have too.

I think a lot of people like to think that Liz is perfect and she can do no wrong because of her selfless act in EOTW. And though what she did was a tremendous sacrifice it's over and done with.

I'm going to stop myself from going into a spiel. -lol- In a nutshell, Max and Liz are both *equally* to blame for all of the problems that came between them. Of course this but my humble opinion.

Raychel

behrlyliz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrlyliz »

Raychelxluscious wrote:
Roswell4ever1 wrote: Liz still blaming Max for what happened between him and Tess in the Ch..Ch..Changes episode. I love Liz. And I know that it hurt her when Max slept with Tess. But she chose to take him back. She chose to stick with him. Yet she keeps reminding him of his mistake like he's still doing it. In one episode she tells him that she's helping him find his son because if she had a child out there, she'd want him to help her and yet in this ep, she's telling him that every time he even mentions his son it's a constant reminder to her. If she chose to stay with him and help him find his son, then she needs to quit bringing up the past.
Agreed. If it hurt her so much to hear Max talk about his son, then she should have broken it off a long time ago, or at the very least, express this to Max.

Max wasn't the only one who placed Liz up on a pedastool; the fans have too.

I think a lot of people like to think that Liz is perfect and she can do no wrong because of her selfless act in EOTW. And though what she did was a tremendous sacrifice it's over and done with.

I'm going to stop myself from going into a spiel. -lol- In a nutshell, Max and Liz are both *equally* to blame for all of the problems that came between them. Of course this but my humble opinion.

Raychel
I completely agree with both of you. If Max's son was a problem for Liz, she should have never agreed to help him with his search and most definitely discussed it with him.

Liz is my favorite Roswell character with Max being a close second but I can admit that Liz has her faults just like all of the other characters. None of them were perfect and the writers never wrote them that way.
Team Framing Hanley
My Fics~My Challenges~My Space
Sternbetrachter
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Sternbetrachter »

Jesse. He should have been kivar, and they should have brought Alex back to save Isabel from him.
completely agree with that one!
Colin Hanks
icon by elv_graphics
~*Sonia E.*~

Post by ~*Sonia E.*~ »

Roswell4ever1 wrote:Billy. Can't stand the guy. His voice is enough to make my skin crawl and I just don't like him. He's a loser.
I liked Billy. Maria would have never woken up and remembered her dreams if it hadn't been for Billy. I think Maria would have been better off pursuing her dreams in the end anyway.

I liked most of the supporting characters more than the main ones. I guess that says a lot about my tastes. :lol:
Roswell4ever1 wrote:Liz still blaming Max for what happened between him and Tess in the Ch..Ch..Changes episode. I love Liz. And I know that it hurt her when Max slept with Tess. But she chose to take him back. She chose to stick with him. Yet she keeps reminding him of his mistake like he's still doing it. In one episode she tells him that she's helping him find his son because if she had a child out there, she'd want him to help her and yet in this ep, she's telling him that every time he even mentions his son it's a constant reminder to her. If she chose to stay with him and help him find his son, then she needs to quit bringing up the past.
I agree with you. I think Liz suffered from a lobotomy and forgot all the evil things that she did to Max. I also think that Max suffered from a lobotomy too, especially when he told Michael in Ch-Ch-Changes that Liz never screwed up and he did.

Liz told Sean in Departure that "Max Evans broke my heart," then 3 months later not only is she back together with Max, but she is helping him find his son. Max and Liz were not together when Max slept with Tess, so how could Liz's heart have been broken? The same thing with Max when he caught Liz and Kyle in bed together, why was he upset? Liz had broken up with Max in Destiny so he had no reason to be heartbroken.

I think Liz felt guilty for all the evil things that she did to Max and got back together with him without thinking about the consequences. I definitely could not see Max offering to help Liz find a son that she made with Kyle or Sean, no matter how he was conceived. Max didn't want to be bothered with Liz after she slept with Kyle, but I don't blame him because Liz constantly lied to and manipulated him. But, Liz and Max were not together when Liz slept with Kyle and Max was still angry with her. So Max helping Liz find a son that was conceived with someone else wouldn't have even been a thought in his mind.

Max and Liz should have both learned how to call it quits and moved on with their lives separately. Max did move on with Tess, and Liz was starting to move on with Sean. I think they both would have probably been better off in the end anyway.

It all depends on if you're a Max fan or a Liz fan that you can make excuses for their behavior. I'm a Liz fan and I like Max. Liz was not perfect, a saint, or a martyr and neither was Max. I loved them together especially in S1, but the non-resolution of their relationship let me know that Max and Liz were over since Destiny.
aurorasky
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by aurorasky »

maxandliz4ever1357 wrote:
The entire third season?
Ha ha ha. Back it up to when Max slept with Tess and I'm with you!
this suns it up nicely! :D
*Devoted Dreamer*