Things that made you want to bang your head against anything

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

~*Sonia E.*~

Post by ~*Sonia E.*~ »

Hey girl, :lol: I promise I won't ban you!!! :wink:

I didn't really think that Liz was joking about Alex's death. After reading so many comments on that episode, I guess I've become brainwashed also. :oops:

You know S2 and S3 were not my favorites, but I could definitely see Max, Isabel, and Maria blasting off to Antar. :lol:

It's good talking to you again. :)
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

~*Sonia E.*~ wrote:Hey girl, :lol: I promise I won't ban you!!! :wink:

I didn't really think that Liz was joking about Alex's death. After reading so many comments on that episode, I guess I've become brainwashed also. :oops:

You know S2 and S3 were not my favorites, but I could definitely see Max, Isabel, and Maria blasting off to Antar. :lol:

It's good talking to you again. :)

I'm not so sure...I mean, I truly think she was trying to be light-hearted about the whole thing, otherwise, why would she say something like that? Just that quizzical expression she had on her face makes me think she was trying to joke - no matter how odd that is. I certainly wouldn't joke about something like that, but it seemed to me she was which prompted Max's response.

*sigh*

I can't say that I wish Max and Liz had gone their separate ways...or permanently at least. I'm a die hard dreamer and I'm glad they got back together in the end, but it was refreshing for them to have that break. They had some issues they needed to settle.

Raychel
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Backpacking through Europe (ok so I'm not, but I wish I were)

Post by maxandliz4ever1357 »

I'm not so sure...I mean, I truly think she was trying to be light-hearted about the whole thing, otherwise, why would she say something like that? Just that quizzical expression she had on her face makes me think she was trying to joke - no matter how odd that is. I certainly wouldn't joke about something like that, but it seemed to me she was which prompted Max's response.
I know what it was. It was the writers trying to make it seem like Liz and Max had moved passed everything that happened in the 2nd season. Or at least, that's how it sounded to me. I mean, think about it, they got our favorite couple back together in the very first episode of season 3 (not that I didn't love that; I'm a total dreamer :D ) and how could they have done that, if the characters had yet to move past that horrible, horrible event? *shudders*

I think the writers wanted them back together, and as a result, made both of them act light-hearted about the whole thing. Of course, I could be totally wrong, but that's my take on the whole dock scene.
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
~*Sonia E.*~

Post by ~*Sonia E.*~ »

Raychelxluscious wrote:I'm not so sure...I mean, I truly think she was trying to be light-hearted about the whole thing, otherwise, why would she say something like that? Just that quizzical expression she had on her face makes me think she was trying to joke - no matter how odd that is. I certainly wouldn't joke about something like that, but it seemed to me she was which prompted Max's response.

*sigh*

I can't say that I wish Max and Liz had gone their separate ways...or permanently at least. I'm a die hard dreamer and I'm glad they got back together in the end, but it was refreshing for them to have that break. They had some issues they needed to settle.

Raychel

Lots of fans or should I say so-called fans said that Liz was making a joke about Alex's death. Maybe she was or it was just another case of that lobotomy that she suffered from S2 and onward.

If Liz was joking about Alex's death, Max's response was certainly not a joke. Max told Liz the truth about how he felt about Tess. Yet, Liz didn't seem to have a problem with it until 11 episodes later and it was certainly her own fault.

I'm glad that some fans were happy with Max and Liz getting back together and marrying. To me I didn't see a resolution to their issues, they were just glossed over and swept under the rug. *shrug*

maxandliz4ever1357, you're probably right about the writers intentions. But, I think they definitely did a poor job and from what I read pissed off a lot of fans.
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

~*Sonia E.*~ wrote:
Lots of fans or should I say so-called fans said that Liz was making a joke about Alex's death. Maybe she was or it was just another case of that lobotomy that she suffered from S2 and onward.

If Liz was joking about Alex's death, Max's response was certainly not a joke.
I was referring to the "you're still holding onto that?" part. Max explaining his feelings for Tess was no joke, and I got that.
I'm glad that some fans were happy with Max and Liz getting back together and marrying. To me I didn't see a resolution to their issues, they were just glossed over and swept under the rug. *shrug*

maxandliz4ever1357, you're probably right about the writers intentions. But, I think they definitely did a poor job and from what I read pissed off a lot of fans.

And I agree. It did appear as if things were swept under the rug, but with the way they butchered the rest of the Season (from what I've heard) what more could we have expected? Undoubtedly the writer's hacked parts in S2 and definitely (in my opinion) all of S3 to pieces. But again, my opinion on S3 is only based on what I've read and gathered from others, being as I've yet to see all of that season.

Raychel

~*Sonia E.*~

Post by ~*Sonia E.*~ »

Raychelxluscious wrote:I was referring to the "you're still holding onto that?" part. Max explaining his feelings for Tess was no joke, and I got that.
I didn't think Max telling Liz, "you're still holding onto that?" was a joke either. It just told me that since Tess was no longer on the planet, Liz should forget about everything because Max was stuck on Earth. Again, it was Liz's fault for not letting go and walking away from Max for good. So whatever consequences that she suffered she brought it on herself.
maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

~*Sonia E.*~ : Good to know I made some sense up there :lol:

I can't really figure out what your opinion is about all of this. You seem (and this is definitely not an insult) very extreme about everything. You say Max and Liz should have walked away from each other; does that mean you think both of their actions were unforgivable?

You seem to lead more toward disliking Liz's actions (and again, I understand if you do), so I'm just wondering what you're precise opinion is on this matter. I just don't want to confuse what you're saying, and then say something that could be viewed as rude. I also came to the discussion late, and I haven't read over all of you're posts, just the last few.

I will say though, if I'm interpreting your post above correctly, that I disagree. It seems like you're saying that either way, it's Liz's fault. If Max acts like a jerk, it's Liz's fault that she didn't walk away, and if Liz acts like a witch, then she has to take responsibility for her actions. I just don't think that this fair to Liz.

This is all just my opinion, of course, and sorry if I interpreted your posts incorrectly. :? :D
<center> I was terrified and would you mind if I sat next to you and watched you smile? </center>
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

~*Sonia E.*~ wrote:
Raychelxluscious wrote:I was referring to the "you're still holding onto that?" part. Max explaining his feelings for Tess was no joke, and I got that.
I didn't think Max telling Liz, "you're still holding onto that?" was a joke either. It just told me that since Tess was no longer on the planet, Liz should forget about everything because Max was stuck on Earth. Again, it was Liz's fault for not letting go and walking away from Max for good. So whatever consequences that she suffered she brought it on herself.
I have to disagree with you here. You're completely entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. However, by Max's facial expression and the inflection in his voice it seemed, to me at least, that he said it in a joking manner. I also feel that Liz's comment was in a joking (however slightly) manner as well.

Moving on...

I agree with maxandliz4ever1357 - it does seem kind of unfair to place all the blame on Liz (but, again, if this is your opinion I'm in no way insulting it or saying you're wrong). I can't remember if I mentioned this, or just thought it, but I feel that Max and Liz are both equally to blame.

Again, if it bothered Liz so much that Max was searching for his she should have distanced herself from that part of teh relationship. Or, she should have ended it all together. But, as it was, she was supportive of Max's goal to find his son. Yet then she turned around and acted the way she did?....Odd.

However, on the flip side, I'd like to think that Max should have been more intuned with Liz's feelings. I mean, if my boyfriend were searching for the son he lost (that he had with another woman) I'd like to think I'd be supportive of the situation as well, but I definitely know that it would be a mite uncomfortable for me to be around and discuss.

Anyway...Like I said, Max and Liz both caused their fair share of problems during the course of their relationship. *shrug*

raychel

maxandliz4ever1357
Obsessed Roswellian

Anyway...Like I said, Max and Liz both caused their fair share of problems during the course of their relationship. *shrug*
I agree completely. I think that they both made huge mistakes. I also think that the reason that they didn't give up and walk away from the relationship was because they loved each other. Both knew that they could never live without the other in their lives, so it was worth it for them to go through all of that pain.

Did that make and sense at all? :lol: :roll:
~*Sonia E.*~

Post by ~*Sonia E.*~ »

Raychelxluscious wrote:I have to disagree with you here. You're completely entitled to your opinion, and I respect that. However, by Max's facial expression and the inflection in his voice it seemed, to me at least, that he said it in a joking manner. I also feel that Liz's comment was in a joking (however slightly) manner as well.
We'll just have to disagree. Whether Max and Liz were both joking or not, it was still disrespectful and they both should have known better. Liz for joking about Alex's death if that was her intention and Max for joking about having sex with Tess and getting her pregnant. Max surely wasn't joking when he was having sex on an observatory floor with Tess, so he shouldn't have tried to act like it wasn't a big deal in Busted. But then again, Liz should have walked away from Max for good, so she must have taken it as one big joke also.

To me Max and Liz were definitely over since Destiny, and trying to hold on to a relationship that soured was just a waste of time. Forgive each other and move on to something better.

Raychelxluscious wrote:Again, if it bothered Liz so much that Max was searching for his she should have distanced herself from that part of teh relationship. Or, she should have ended it all together. But, as it was, she was supportive of Max's goal to find his son. Yet then she turned around and acted the way she did?....Odd.
I quite agree. Liz should have walked away from Max for good and moved on with her life. I certainly couldn't see Max helping Liz find a son that she conceived with Kyle or Sean, no matter the situation. It wasn't odd to me that Liz acted like she suffered from a lobotomy because she was acting like that from S2 and onward.
Raychelxluscious wrote:However, on the flip side, I'd like to think that Max should have been more intuned with Liz's feelings. I mean, if my boyfriend were searching for the son he lost (that he had with another woman) I'd like to think I'd be supportive of the situation as well, but I definitely know that it would be a mite uncomfortable for me to be around and discuss.
Max "fell out of love with Liz" in TEOTW, so it wasn't strange to me that Max didn't care about Liz's feelings anymore. Again, it was Liz's fault that she stayed with Max and became his doormat, so he could find his son. Liz had every opportunity during S3 to wake up and move on, but instead she didn't. Hell, Max was getting on a spaceship in Control and leaving the planet to save his son. I'm glad that Max was searching for his son, but Liz should have known that she wasn't needed in that search from the very beginning.

I have to give Liz credit though, she takes a beating and goes right back in for more. When she finally has enough, she then packs her bags and leaves town. Liz was always best at running away from her problems instead of facing them head on.
Raychelxluscious wrote:Anyway...Like I said, Max and Liz both caused their fair share of problems during the course of their relationship. *shrug*
You definitely can say that again. Max and Liz should have both called it quits and moved on for good.