Things that made you want to bang your head against anything

This forum is for all general Roswell stuff. That means, general book and show discussion.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: Things that made you want to bang your head against anyt

Post by killjoy »

I never understood why they had to 'kill' Alex off anyway. :roll:

If C Hanks had to leave again I would have just had Isabel calling him over and over again to find him not answering.They go over to his house to find his room all tore up,maybe a bit of blood on the floor and Alex gone! I'd have him missing all season while the gang was trying to find him.

During this time C Hanks could be gone filming his movie or whatever it was.

In the end you find out Khivar had Alex taken because he was jealous of the connection he had with Isabel/Vilandra*sp?* and wanted him out of the picture and to use as a hostage against the Royal Four.So Isabel and the gang would have to rescue him.
RoswellOracle
Addicted Roswellian

Post by RoswellOracle »

That sounds like a good idea killjoy. Are you writing it into your next story? :D
The world is full of stories, and from time to time,
they permit themselves to be told - Prey

RoswellOracle.com - The most comprehensive Roswell reference & archive
My Stories ~ My Roswell Store ~ My Roswell Archive

Check out Roswell Heaven!
david_d@me.com
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by david_d@me.com »

Janetfl wrote:What made me want to bang my head was:

The stupid editors cutting the scene where Liz tells Max about FMax whilst saying goodbye in the jeep (not included in the DVD either). :twisted:
The Graduation episode was cut from 2hrs to 1. M&L lovers never got to see them together and they didn't included it on the DVD either.

JAN :D
So...if these scenes never made the broadcast or the DVD, here's my "silly newbie" question: where can I find them? I would love to see or read the scene where Liz tells Max about Fmax. I just started reconciling myself to that never happening....so....there's hope!
auril
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by auril »

Pretty much most of season three. Also the fact that when they decided to put in all the destiny stuff, and Max being the king etc. They didn't act upon it. Max and the rest were told by their mother that their race has been enslaved and in constant war with other planets in their system. Probably millions of people are dying, and our three aliens have a whatever attitude about it. They don't talk about it, don't try to find out if there is ANYTHING they could do to help.

Also the episode where Michael becomes the king and goes mad. I know he's a quick to act hot head, but he's not an idiot. He'd now that going around threatening psychologists may expose them ( and I didn't like his hair in that season :roll: )
Tzigone
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tzigone »

The second season. I mean, I loved most of season 1. The thing Max does with Grandma Claudia in "Leaving Normal" is a bit cloying and trope-y to me, so despite many other good things in the ep, that scene turns me off it as a whole. But everything else up to "Sexual Healing" is really good. I know there's some annoying back-and-forth on the relationships, but the Valenti character-development and course change, the tension with the FBI, the growing discoveries about their past, the deeper connections with humans, the family relationship between the aliens - stellar.

I did not like "Tess, Lies & Videotape" or "Foursquare". It went against my CCs and I was uncomfortable with the with the characters being compelled to feelings/visions/dreams against their will and previous characterizations. It was uncomfortable for me to watch. But not necessarily in a "bad writing" sense, so long as the audience meant to made uncomfortable about it. "Destiny" was interesting; Max seemed sort "forged in the fire" and came out stronger, more ready to act (he's always been rather authoritarian, but he was more prone to not acting before). And Valenti backed them and Michael trusted him. The fist half of the ep was good. But alien royalty - I mean, it's logical enough, but so cliched. I was not really pleased with that, but it was no big deal. Liz walking away like that - chalked it up a finale-thing to get viewers back next season.

There was so much potential then. I mean, I wanted to deal with Michael having killed and though Valenti'd be a great help with that (see: Hubble). And I'm a big I/A fan, and they were the couple that came through it okay. And I was dying to see how they explained everything to their parents.

And then I was just disgusted with season two. I disliked "Skin and Bones" - I remember complaining about it on Fanforum. Time-skip meant all the immediate fallout from Destiny was just skipped. I thought the characters were out of character. Isabel just trashed what she had with Alex and was immediately drawn to new guy. Nasedo gone after a half-season of build up so see him, he got two episodes of action. And they never had to deal with the consequences of the kind of person they put out there on street, they revived. A murderer. And then there was "Surprise" - well, I was surprised when I found out it had the same writer as "Independence Day." How could one be so good and the other so bad? "Summer of '47" - I remember saying it was the best episode of season 2 so far because they weren't playing themselves and therefore weren't so horribly out of character. The Skins and Whitaker and so on just didn't hold my interest the Topolsky and Nasedo had. I disliked the Dupes from the start with the only real point of interest to me being Ava, and her fear. Alex got essentially nothing to do, which was very annoying because he was one of my three favorite characters. And then he died off-screen.

The way I remember it (and it's been a long time) is that we didn't get anywhere near the non-romantic relationship scenes and stories in S2 and we did in S1. I loved "Toy House" for the Evans family dynamics. "The Balance" and "Independence Day" had so much of the Czechoslovakians and their family dynamic. There was the entire Liz/Maria/Alex friendship thread until he found out. Plus the more minor point of Kyle's growing frustration with his father. I loved that stuff. I remember my dad saying season 2 wasn't as good because it was all about the relationships, but I thought it wasn't as good because the relationships weren't given attention. Of course, we meant two different things by "relationships."

The further we got into the season, the more I disliked it. I wanted to quit watching. But a fan came up with a scenario (speculating what they thought would happen) that sort of made it make a sort of sense, even if it was sort of reset-buttony. Alex was already dead, but I can't recall the rest. My sister wanted to keep watching, though, so we did. Regret that. The finale was just ghastly and made no kind of sense to me. IIRC, on the boards where CHADs were collected, there were more CHADs in that episode than there were minutes of airtime. More than one CHAD per minute; it was ridiculous. I did not continue watching and don't think I even knew for sure that there was a third season until at least a couple years later.
memory_echo
Addicted Roswellian

Post by memory_echo »

Things that made me want to bang my head against anything?

Nothing, really...

But I must admit I wanted to bang Isabel's head against something hard. :lol: In all three seasons, but mainly when she treated Alex like garbage while flaunting herself at every unattached male.

No offense to any Isabel's fans here, of course, but Alex was one of my favorite characters, and he didn't deserve the way she always treated him.
∞ Max & Liz – The most sublime Love story ever told! ∞

Here's my latest fic, written for all devout Dreamers out there: Everloving.
Tzigone
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tzigone »

See, Isabel was absolutely my favorite character in season 1. Loved her (plus, I thought KH was one the strongest actors on the show). Her relationships wither Max and Michael and her parents. Fantastic. I really, really love good, strong family relationships and she had oodles of those connections. Romance is great, but far easier to find. She didn't not treat Alex like dirt or throw herself at anyone. Unfortunately, season 2 seemed to destroy the characters (hers included) and I think Kyle was the only one I liked by the end of it. Wasn't it the very first episode where she was like "I don't want a relationship" (exact opposite of where she was when we last saw her) followed up by "ooh, hot guy!"? As I said above, I thought they were all out of character. Fortunately, I only remember one or two bits of pieces of that season.

FTR, Alex was my second favorite character. Valenti emerged as the unlikely #3 - loved his transition. Kyle gets honorable mention. More so now than when I originally watched. Applies to first season only.
memory_echo
Addicted Roswellian

Post by memory_echo »

Tzigone wrote:Her relationships wither Max and Michael and her parents. Fantastic.
I agree, I thought her interactions with them were very interesting. Although, in season 3, the whole Jessie thing made me yawn a lot... :oops:
∞ Max & Liz – The most sublime Love story ever told! ∞

Here's my latest fic, written for all devout Dreamers out there: Everloving.
Tzigone
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Tzigone »

memory_echo wrote: I agree, I thought her interactions with them were very interesting. Although, in season 3, the whole Jessie thing made me yawn a lot... :oops:
The more I hear about season 3, the happier I am that I never watched it. :lol:
ChemChic
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ChemChic »

So I'm rewatching Crazy right now and I noticed something hilarious when Valenti flipped to Agent Steven's home address that I don't think has been mentioned before. Apparently Agent Stevens and the Evanses live at the same address...6025 Murray Lane!! Except Agent Stevens lives in Alexandria, VA (and who knew that zip codes could have 6 digits?? :lol: ) and the Evanses are obviously in Roswell. Ay yi yi!!
"It's like...chemical" ~ Liz Parker