femmenerd's fiesty fictions - Updated - 01/01/06

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

femmenerd's fiesty fictions - Updated - 01/01/06

Post by femmenerd »

Here are the links to my stories. Banners are by me except for the luscious banner for "Smoldering" which was made by mrsjbehr, the lovely series banner for the "Lipstick Abduction" stories which is by TrueLovePooh, and the fabulous banner for "You Belong in Pictures" which my girl Doublestuf made for me.

Dreamer Love

Smoldering - Complete - Vignettes - 10/10

Title: “Smoldering”
Pairing: Max/Liz
Rating: Adult
Summary: This fic is not a traditional serial narrative although its timeline does move in chronological order. This is a love story told in sex scenes. What I am trying to do here is explore the progression and depth of the relationship through the different ways they make love throughout their life together. Since sex can permuate so many aspects of our lives/relationships and because Max/Liz were such a charged couple, I am using this format to explore the multiple aspects of a connection between two people. So although it is not just about sex, there will be some kind of sexual intimacy in every chapter and it will be explicit. The format is a series of vignettes - peeks into the passionate world of Liz and Max over the years. Each part will be separated temporally by months or even years in the fictional timeline.

Awakened Dreamer

I Want You - complete - 3/3

Pairing: Zan/Liz
Summary: Zan is the lead singer and guitarist of “the Screaming Aliens” and the object of many people’s desire. But all he really wants is Liz Parker. Will she allow herself to put aside her fears and give in to temptation?
Liz POV, short - 3 parts

Second Chances - Complete 19/19

Title: “Second Chances”
Pairing: Liz/Zan
Rating: Mature to Adult
Summary: This story follows canon up to but not including “Chant down Babylon.” Basically…Max dies in the fire and this story is set about five years later in New York City. Liz was pregnant by Max when he died and had a son who is now four years old. She lives with Isabel in NYC and is finishing her degree at Columbia and raising her son. Also features Isabel and Serena, Michael and Maria, Ava, Kyle later on, and of course little Maxwell Parker-Evans.
Warning: Isabel’s a lovely lesbian in this fic so if you can’t deal with that, then don’t read it.

The "Lipstick Abduction" Series
A series of short stories that chronicle the relationship of Isabel and Serena from my story "Second Chances" in greater depth.

There's a First Time for Everything - Complete - 1/1

Title: “There’s a First Time for Everything…” - First in the "Lipstick Abduction" series
Pairing: Isabel and Serena/Sarah – Serena POV
Summary: This is a prequel tag to my Awakened Dreamer story “Second Chances” (in which I/S is a secondary couple). You do not need to read that story to understand this one however it contains some spoilers for that fic (the main one of which lies in the way that the pairing is listed, so oh well). SC, and thus this fic as well, follows canon up to but not including “Chant Down Babylon.” This is the story of how the two women meet. It is set in NYC several years after the end of Season 3. Isabel is divorced from Jesse. She is roommates with Liz and owns a successful beauty salon. One day a beautiful but bashful brunette comes into the shop and catches Isabel’s eye.
Author’s note: This fic is for TrueLovePooh whose sweet stargazer heart manages to ship Isabel/Serena as well. It is both my first attempt at first person POV and of a story that does not have Liz, Max, or Zan as primary characters so hopefully it turned out OK.

Dance With Me - Complete - 1/1

Title: “Dance with Me” – Second in the “Lipstick Abduction Series”
Pairing: Isabel and Serena/Sarah – Isabel POV
Summary: This is the second prequel tag to my Awakened Dreamer story Second Chances (in which I/S is a secondary couple). Isabel has been seeing Sarah for a few weeks now and the feelings that she is developing for the dark haired beauty are getting stronger by the day. When they go out dancing with the girls, Isabel reveals more than she had intended.
Author’s note: OK, so the fluff-o-meter is pretty high with this one. People wanted Isabel’s take on things and now here it is.

Grounded Soul (Zan/Maria)

You Belong in Pictures - Complete - 1/1

Title: “You Belong in Pictures"
Pairing: Zan/Maria
Summary: Maria took off to New York to be a singer but found her passion in photography instead. When she meets Zan, an up and coming musician, sparks and flashbulbs go off.
Author’s note: Inspired by the Tony Duran photo shoot of Jason Behr, but fully Roswellian.

Hope you have a good time reading! Thanks,

Lucia aka femmenerd.

If you are interested in checking out any fics that I might write in other fandoms (most likely BtVS Spike/Buffy) then go ahead and check out my Fic Journal at livejournal.com. Just look in the memories section or the main page for new updates.
Last edited by femmenerd on Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:01 pm, edited 33 times in total.
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Post by femmenerd »

Land of Dreams Awards - Round 2
"Writer who makes you jump your spouse/significant other"
"Best Use of Tongue in a Fanfic" (for "I Want You")

Roswell Fanatics Fanfic Awards Round 7
for "There's a First Time for Everything"

Best Supporting Portrayal of Isabel Evans

Best Supporting Portrayal of Isabel Evans (Second Chances)

Best Portrayal of a Dupe (Second Chances)

Favourite Newcomer

Best Unconventional Couple Fanfic (Second Chances)

Best Dupe Fic (Second Chances)

Best Slash Fic (There's a First Time for Everything)

Memories Fanfiction awards - Round 1

Best UC Fan fiction (Second Chances)

<b>Roswell Fanatics Fanfic Awards Round 8</b>

<b>for <i>Second Chances</i></b>
Last edited by femmenerd on Sun Jan 01, 2006 4:03 pm, edited 10 times in total.
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Post by femmenerd »

Added a link for the Isabel/Serena tag fic to "Second Chances."
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Post by femmenerd »

Much to my surprise and humbled astonishment I've been nominated for the Land of Dreams awards. :shock:

For "Best Use of Tongue in a Fanfic" (for "I Want You")

"Biggest Fanfic Obsession" (for "Second Chances")

and "Writer Who Makes You Jump your spouse/significant other"

and here for

"Favorite Newcomer," "Best Slash Fanfiction" (for "There's a First Time for Everything" and "Dance With Me"), "Best Dupe Fic" (for "Second Chances" and "I Want You"), "Best Unconventional Couple Fanfiction" (for "Second Chances"), "Favorite Portrayal of a Dupe" (Zan in "Second Chances"), "Favorite Supporting Portrayal of Isabel Evans" (for "Second Chances"), "Best Use of a Supporting Character" (Serena in "Second Chances"), "Best Short Story" (for "I Want You"), "Favorite Unconventional Friendship" (Liz and Isabel in "Second Chances"), "Most Imaginative Fanfiction" (for "Smoldering"), "Fic you can read over and over" (for "Smoldering") "Favorite Series" (for the "Lipstick Abduction" series), "Best Dreamer Fanfic" (for "Smoldering") and "Fic that left you bouncing in your seat for an update" (for "Second Chances").

I'm just taking this opportunity to thank everyone who nominated me. :D
Last edited by femmenerd on Tue May 31, 2005 1:31 am, edited 12 times in total.
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Post by femmenerd »

Thanks to Stephanie and Anne Laure for your messages.

And Lindsay?

Smooches.

BTW - I updated "Smoldering" today. Will hopefully update "Second Chances" in the next few days as well.
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Post by femmenerd »

Hey all. I just posted another Isabel/Serena tag. It's called Dance With Me. As soon as I've made a banner for it I will add it to my first post.

Also, check out the fabulous banner that my friend TrueLovePooh made for the Isabel/Serena series.

Big smooches to her and to alienmom who helped come up with the shipper name "Lipstick Abduction."

I also posted a chapter of Second Chances this week...finally.
My Author's Page
"I'm sorry baby, I'm a bad, rude man." -Spike
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

DAS Author's Chat

Post by femmenerd »

Hello all,

I just wanted to cordially invite everyone to my Author's Chat at the Dreaming Among Stars board this Wednesday, the fourth of May at 8PM Pacific Standard Time (11 PM for all y'all on the East Coast and well, other times in other places).

This is a very cool thing that they facilitate at their board where readers can have an opportunity to chat with fanfic authors (and writers can chat with readers!)about their stories, writing, etc. Any and all of my stories are up for discussion but they are using "Second Chances" as a Fic of the Week Discussion topic next week. So, um, if you have any questions you want to ask me, now you know when and where to go.

I want to thank the DAS people for providing this forum and for asking me to participate. I'm honored and I hope that I will see some of you there.

Cheers,

Lucia aka Femmenerd.

P.S. I have also updated "Second Chances" twice since the last time I posted in this thread. I also dropped off the Runner Up banner from the Land of Dreams awards.
My Author's Page
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Post by femmenerd »

"Smoldering" is now complete. Posted the last part and the epilogue today.

I'm going to be moving in the next week and then I'm going to be out of town (and mostly offline) from June 3- June 17. I would really like to get another part of "Second Chances" up before I leave but things are probably going to be hectic so we'll see.
My Author's Page
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Post by femmenerd »

Just posted a one part Zan/Maria fic. Weird pairing for me I know. lol

You Belong in Pictures

Title: “You Belong in Pictures"
Pairing: Zan/Maria
Summary: Maria took off to New York to be a singer but found her passion in photography instead. When she meets Zan, an up and coming musician, sparks and flashbulbs go off.
Author’s note: Inspired by the Tony Duran photo shoot of Jason Behr, but fully Roswellian.
My Author's Page
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Post by femmenerd »

Heya, Just posted a new part of "Second Chances." I'm going out of town and will be essentially off line for the next 2 weeks or so, so don't expect any more updates from me until closer to the end of the month.

Happy June, everyone!
Last edited by femmenerd on Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Author's Page