femmenerd's fiesty fictions - Updated - 01/01/06

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Post by femmenerd »

Thank you so much to everyone who put me on the Round 7 ballot for:

Best Supporting Portrayal of Isabel Evans (Second Chances)

Best Portrayal of a Dupe (Second Chances)

Favourite Newcomer

Best Unconventional Couple Fanfic (Second Chances)

Best Dupe Fic (Second Chances)

Best Slash Fic (There's a First Time for Everything)

I'm basically speechless so all I'll say is, um, wow. lol

And since the awards from part one of Round 7 have been announced I can say thanks again for this:

Best Supporting Portrayal of Isabel Evans

That means a lot to me because I love her character and because I know that I went out on a limb in terms of canon characterization by pairing her with a woman.

Speaking of that!

There's a First Time for Everything

Wow! As far as I know that's the first time that a femslash story has won. I'm stunned.
My Author's Page
"I'm sorry baby, I'm a bad, rude man." -Spike
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Aloha

Post by femmenerd »

Just a quick note to say that I have not died and I am working on finishing "Second Chances" but my life has been nutty and I suspect that I might be having some separation anxiety over completing my first longer fic. I also got distracted by my renewed obsession with Spike from BtVS as some people may know. But I only allowed myself to write two short drabble Spike/Buffy ficlets because I have to finish SC first, dang it! They're archived at my LJ fic journal if anyone cares. Link is in my siggie banner.

OH! And thank you so much everyone who voted for my fic in the Memories Round 1 awards.

Best UC fan fiction (Second Chances)

I've been so out of it, I didn't even know I was nominated!
My Author's Page
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

I'm relieved to hear that you're not dead and in fact are quite well and writing for your muse. I have a hard time resisting the lure that is Spike/James Marsters too. :oops: :roll:

I'll have to pop by that site and read those ficlets that held you in thrall. Good luck with the writing for "Second Chances", have a great week.

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Post by femmenerd »

Thanks, Ellie!

So, believe it or not but Second Chances is finally complete. Just posted the last chapter.

And thank you so much to everyone at The Eraser Room who voted for my fic Smoldering and made it "CC fic of the month" over at that lovely board.
My Author's Page
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Post by femmenerd »

On a whim, I decided to post one of my Buffy/Spike short stories here in the Other Shows fanfic forum. If you're interested it's called:

Happy Birthday, William.
Pairing: Buffy/Spike
Rating: Adult
Summary: Post “Chosen.” You’ll have to suspend disbelief regarding the AtS storyline in S5 as in this story Spike has been re-corporealized (hence the NC17 rating, although I imagine I could write a dirty story where Spike can only watch but not touch but I digress) and Andrew has come to LA but the whole Wolfram and Hart coming apocalypse thing doesn’t keep him in LA. Buffy POV-ish but not first person. A meditation on Buffy’s love for Spike as a monster and as a man. Also a post-finale wish fulfillment fic.
Author’s notes: This fic is a mix of moods. There’s some schmoop, some smut (some unusual graveyard sex!), some of the funny, and a lot of the feelings. A bit of a hodge podge but it’s what the muse ordered up.
My Author's Page
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Wow

Post by femmenerd »

So I didn't die or anything...I've just been applying to graduate school and writing fic for other fandoms, namely Buffy, Firefly and Veronica Mars.

But I HAD to stop by to say thank you to everyone who voted for me in the latest rounds of awards here at Fanatics.

I was so surprised when I found out that "Second Chances" won for Best UC fic. Really. People still know who I am? LOL.

But it really touched me as that was my first fic ever. So thank you.

I'm currently working on an Inara-centric post-Serenity Firefly fic. It's Mal/Inara but that's not ALL that it's about. I'm posting it on live journal. Just click the image in my siggie and you'll get taken to my fic archive journal (I also post fic on my personal journal). Go to my user info and into my memories and pretty much all of my fic is there.
My Author's Page