Cardinalgirl's Stories

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Cardinalgirl's Stories

Post by cardinalgirl »

For anyone still interested, the outline for Pathway has been updated. It's not finished, as I still have some 25 or 30 pages of scenes and stuff to put up, but there's a bit more there now. This'll be an on-going thing for a bit of a while, I guess.
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Support Stacie Author Auction!

Okay, you guys may have heard about this, but I wanted to make a point of posting about it here. If you haven't heard of Support Stacie, an organization designed to raise awareness about cancer and help our own truelovepooh with her fight, then you must have been hiding under a rock, because it's been all over the Rosdom, and lately it's been crossing fandom lines all over the place.

Right now, Support Stacie is holding a multi-fandom Author Auction, where you actually get to bid on some of your favorite authors and have them write a fic tailor-made for you! Prices start all over, depending on how long the fic is that you want, and whether or not it's been bid on already!

All the details you'd want are here, and the bidding forums, which are already open, are here!

And if you haven't guessed this by now, I'm participating! I'm offering a 5,000 word Roswell fic and a 2,500 word Harry Potter fic.

I'm also willing, btw, to write a full chapter excerpt from Pathway in exchange for a new 5,000 word fic, if the winning bidder so chooses. For example: if you wanted a scene that's just Candy, or just Gazer, or fine, even just Dreamer, that fit into this universe, I'd be happy to accommodate you! If you want something from another Rosverse of mine, that's okay, too!

I'm not writing NC-17 or slash, but anything else goes. Really.
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

LAST DAY TO BID!!!
It's coming down to the wire here, at the Author Auction, ladies and gents! I don't know how many of you have been watching the bidding, but it's a bit of a madhouse over there—of the absolute best kind!

I've got to say, though, the Gilmore Girls and Doctor Who fans are kicking the Rosfans' collective butts where it comes to bidding. Still, so far we've raised a bit more than $3,200 for Support Stacie, which is AWESOME.

It really is exciting—not to mention completely overwhelming—to see authors (and one fantastic artist!) and fans come together in support of such a great cause, and the fantastic thing is that a lot of authors (including me) have special offers that are going along with bidding and/or winning their fic. I've seen many authors offer signed and printed copies of their fics, bonus drabbles for anyone who knocks the bidding up by $5 or $10, one offer to write a full-fledged novel ( :!: ) and several awesome authors who are offering to match the donation of their highest bidder.

Me, I'm offering CRAFTS. (Because I'm a dork... who likes to knit. :mrgreen:)

The winner of my Harry Potter 2500 word fic will also be winning a hand-knit Harry Potter book scarf in House colors of their choice—but Gioia is determined on that, so watch yourself. :wink:

And what will be going to the winner of my 5000 word Roswell fic? Well, I can't very well ship you Jason or Brendan or Colin or Nick (no matter what vegas312 would have you believe! :P ) but I CAN send you your very own alien!

And there are still a TON of fics that either haven't been bid on of where the bidding is very low, so don't think that bidding now will break your bank account. Or of course if you want to skip all the craziness, and just donate to Support Stacie, that's always okay, too! :wink:

I just have to say that this is really fandom at its very best, though. I'm ecstatic to be a part of something so wonderful, and to be surrounded by such awesome people from so many fandoms. You make me proud to be a fan girl, ladies and gents!
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

I meant to do this earlier, but now all the voting is up, so...

Favorite Lead Portrayal of Isabel Evans - Something to Lose
Favorite Portrayal of a Supporting Character - Sean Deluca in Something to Lose
Favorite Portrayal of a Dupe - Ava in Persistence of Memory
Favorite Unconventional/Unique Friendship - Max & Maria in The Pathway is Broken
Feedbacker You Follow Around the Board :D
Favorite Last Chapter/Epilogue - Persistence of Memory
Favorite Future Fic- Persistence of Memory
Favorite Dupe Fic - Persistence of Memory
Favorite Short Story - Something to Lose
Favorite POV Fic - Confessional
The Fanfic Conversion Award - Persistence of Memory

*phew!*

I know that the voting for part 1 is already done, but really, just the nominations alone have been outstanding, and I can't thank you guys enough.

And this....

Favorite Portrayal of a Dupe - Ava in Persistence of Memory

...honestly kind of swept me off my feet. Ava is still very near and dear to my heart. I've been getting Runner-Up in this for a long time, and there's a reason it's Zan in the banner, ladies and gents—out of twelve rounds including this one, all but three of the winning portrayals have been of Zan. And the the other two Ava's (Angel's in Happenstance, Kerri's in Redemption—how did that only win last round?!) are all but canon so far as the fandom goes, so I am very honored to be added to that list. And even more honored that people remember her even after all this time.
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Congrats, sweetie! You rock! :D
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Anniepoo98
Forum Moderator

Post by Anniepoo98 »

Yes! I am so glad you won for Ava!!! It is so deserved!!!

Congrats Lisa!!!

Annie:)
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Lisa, do you have working links for Look Don't Touch and On the Wrong Side? I'd like to read those. :)
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Hey, Jenny... I don't, actually. I didn't even know that Polar Attraction had been wiped clean. Hm. Can I post those here? They're not normal story format, so I don't know.

Meanwhile, I'll put them up on That Which Is Left. Or I can email them to you, of course. :)
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Email would be good, thanks! :D

Also, I don't see why you couldn't post them here.

cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Two matters of interest. :wink:

Firstly...

Persistence of Memory

That took me by complete and utter surprise. That's really all I can say. :mrgreen:

Best Point-of-View Fanfiction - Confessional

And this took me by even more surprise, though I'm excessively grateful for it. This piece is very near and dear to me, and 1st-person was going out on a limb for me.

And secondly, A Momentary Pause, the first of my two Support Stacie Auction fics is now posted in the Other Shows Fanfic forum, and also at Majik's.