Burningchaos' Fics

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Burningchaos' Fics

Post by burningchaos »

What Lies Ahead
Burningchaos
Rated: M
Pairings: Liz/Max (past), Li/Michael (past), Liz/Daniel, Sam/Pete (Past?), Jack/Sam UST, Jack/Kerry (Past?)
Disclaimer: Neither Roswell nor Stargate belong to me. I am just playing in their worlds.
Spoilers: Though Season 8 of Stargate SG1 and Season 3 of Roswell
Summary: This takes place five years after graduation and right after Moebius Part 2 in the Stargate Universe. Liz and Max married; one year after being on the run they found a way to Antar. They returned hoping to make the planet of their origins home but found only war and desolation. Now four years later, a widowed Liz is leaving Antar through a Stargate. What she finds is the last thing she suspected.

Chapter One
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Post by burningchaos »

What is to come.....I am working on another XO, a Jumper fic and a Traitor fic. Here is a bit of information on them and a snippet from each.

A Twist of Fae
Burningchaos
Michael/Liz, and hints of other past het parings during the course of the fic.
Roswell/Dresden Files (Bookverse)
Mature
Spoilers: Dresden Files books up to and including Small Favor
Summary: Liz soon finds out how wrong and right Ava was about her being different during the course of Harry fulfilling his last favor.
Notes: I am meshing the time lines, by moving the Roswell time line in to the Dresden Files book time line.

Teaser....

Chicago….present day

The day had been particularly dreary and slow, something Harry felt he could get behind on occasions; after all his dismal, but welcome, paycheck from being a Warden wasn’t enough to pay the bills.

Except thinking the day was dreary and slow had been his downfall and in like most things; hindsight was twenty-twenty.

When she showed, he’d been thinking of visiting Billy and Georgia. He hadn’t had a decent visit with them since their wedding, and with the quietness it seemed like the perfect time.

Big mistake.

His office door opened and the room shivered.

Mab.

Queen Mab of the Unseelie Court had come to call. He was fucked. She didn’t show up for tea… She wasn’t that sort. Nope, if she was here things were going south. Fast.

“Your Godmother sends her greetings.”

“Uh, wow, a letter would have saved you sometime but thanks. Is that all you stopped by for cause I was heading out….”

“Sit.” Harry felt his knees give way under the pressure of her command.

“Yeah, sure, I have a few minutes before I have to leave.”

Grimalkin reveled itself as Mab moved closer, its voice echoing through out the room, hollow and cold. “It is time to fulfill your duties to me.”

There went his week.

Re-Birth
Burningchaos
Rated: Mature
Pairings: Rath/Liz, Past Liz/Max, Past Lonnie/Rath
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or anything associated with it, nor am I making any money from this.
Spoilers: Up to and including Cry Your Name.
Summary: What if the first time Future Max came back didn’t change anything but instead made it worse? What if he came back a second time, and this time he was less then sane from all that he had seen and done? This is my answer to those questions.

Teaser...

Now…

He watches her for several days, wondering how his feelings had changed so drastically. How could he have loved someone so much only to hate them so passionately now he will never know, but hate her, he does. She is the reason his world fell apart, the reason he is an orphan, the reason he is hunted and alone. He will remake her, he thinks happily. She will never know the destruction she almost wrought and everyone will forget her in time.

Tess will stay; their child will thrive and learn his powers. When Kivar comes they will be strong and powerful, not weak and easily crushed. He reaches out and pauses when Liz turns restlessly in her sleep. She makes a soft sound and he quashes the urge to break her neck.

Her human mind is so fragile, putty under his. She will never know what happened. Max smiled as he started to connect to her sleeping mind. His future would never happen now, and without her, he would be happy.

Conversion
Burningchaos
Pairing: Liz/Khivar, Past Liz/Max
Rating: FRM
Summary: Liz realizes that it is time to move on and Khivar unexpectedly finds himself in the same situation.
Disclaimer: I do not own Roswell or anything associated with it, nor am I making any money from this.

Teaser...

“Hello, Brady’s Bed and Breakfast how may I help you?” Liz was sure she would never get tired of saying that.

“Hey, Liz.” Beth’s cheerful voice came across the line.

“Beth, aren’t you supposed to be having lunch with that handsome man you call husband?”

“Yes, I am, but that handsome husband asked me to call you.” Beth’s voice was filled with laughter.

“Oh, well if he was finally leaving you for me I assume he could pick up the phone himself.” Liz loved having a friend she could joke and smile with again. She couldn’t share all her secrets but still, Beth was a friend.

“Not yet, sorry. But he does want to know if you are going to rent out the garage apt.”

“Another stray?” Dennis had a habit of bring people home, his heart was large and soft and he hated to see someone in need who wanted to be back on their feet.

“You got it in one.”

“Send him over, I’ll feed him, make him mow the lawn or something till Den finds him a better job.” Dennis had sent over his ‘strays to work on her roof, haul the trash, hack at the lawn and hedges and pretty much anything else she could find for them to do. It had helped her as much as it had help Dennis and his friends.

“You are a life saver Liz, with the hormone shots and everything this week I didn’t think I could handle a stranger in the house.”

“You just remember to call me if you need anything hon, stay off your feet and let Den do all the work.”

Beth chuckled naughtily, “Oh, he is doing all the work all right…”

Liz laughed when she heard a embarrassed laugh in the background. She hoped the third time was a charm; they were going to be wonderful parents.
Last edited by burningchaos on Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Post by burningchaos »

Anywhere but Here Complete
Burningchaos
Michael/Liz
Teen
Spoilers: None
Disclaimer: The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN.
Summary: Alex is gone, Liz is foundering and Michael discovers it isn’t the end of the world. Angst heavy.
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Post by burningchaos »

A Twist of Fae
Burningchaos
Michael/Liz, and hints of other past het parings during the course of the fic.
Roswell/Dresden Files (Bookverse)
Mature
Spoilers: Dresden Files books up to and including Small Favor
Summary: Liz soon finds out how wrong and right Ava was about her being different during the course of Harry fulfilling his last favor.
Notes: I am meshing the time lines, by moving the Roswell time line in to the Dresden Files book time line.

Chapter 1 is posted
burningchaos
Addicted Roswellian

Post by burningchaos »

Title: Unordinary World 1/1
Author: Burningchaos
Pairings: Liz/Angel pre-ship
Rating: Teen
Fandom: Angel the Series/Roswell XO
Spoilers: Season 2 of Angel
Disclaimer: The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. Nor do I own the characters from “Angel the Series”. They are not mine and no infringement is intended.
Summary: AU, Liz graduated like a normal high schooler because when Tess suicided she did it right and everything was destroyed. After school ended Liz went to LA to start over completely leaving Roswell and the Aliens behind to live a completely ordinary life, or so she thinks.