Cherie's Roswell Fics - In Memorium for our dear friend

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

*MUAH*

Cherie...congrats on well deserved awards!! You know how I adore your writing...I need to stop slacking and catch up! Can't wait to chat with you tomorrow ;)

*hugs*

Tanya
cherie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by cherie »

Hi, all! Just posted the last chapter of Moonset at Meridian.

Hugs to you all,

Cherie
cherie

If all is not lost, then where is it?
Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

And it was awesome thank you. :D

-Ellie

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
cherie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by cherie »

I posted this on Morningside, but I thought I would do it here as well.

Hello, everyone...I just wanted to give you fantastic people a heads up as to why I've been so far behind in this story. I know my updates have been sporadic, to say the least..but when I started this one, I had no idea that it was going to be this way.

Anyway..to make a long story short, as some of you know, I've been taking chemo since October for non-hodgkins lymphoma, which I've been dealing with for 12 years. Things were going quite well, until they discovered a large mass about the size of lemon hidden behind some scar tissue in my lower lobe of the left lung. Unfortunately, surgery is the only answer for this newest problem.

I had my trip to Houston and Austin planned months ago, and the doctors have given me the go ahead. I plan to spend some downtime with my family, as well as to meet up with my dear Roswell friends and make some good memories.

When I return on the 21st, surgery will not be long after..So I am going to make lemonade out of my lemon. During my recovery, I plan to write, write, write..and get Morningside finished..work on Flames From a Bridge Left Burning and my TAT story.

Added bonus...I'm going to have to wear this wonderful brace, because they are taking some ribs as well as the lower portion of my lung. It sort of looks like an aqua bra,(aka Maria) so I'm going to have major cleavage. Don't know what the hell I'll use it for, though.

Don't give up on me..I have never left a story unfinished, and I plan to post a chapter from my sister's in Houston. I write because I love Roswell, because I have made so many wonderful friends because of it, and it has given me the opportunity to travel and to meet so many of you, but mostly I write for you. In my darkest hours, your kind words, wonderful feedback and genuine interest in my work has been humbling, and I wanted to thank each and everyone of you.

It is an honor to know I have touched people with my words. Along with my family, you are the light in my life.

Love you all,

Cherie
cherie

If all is not lost, then where is it?
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

Cherie,

I just wanted to say that I admire you so much, not just because I truly think you are not only a geniune person, but strong as well! You smile and laugh because you love and absorb everything around you, treating it as a cherished gift.

Your words are poetic, but you the person are so much more. I love your writing and I simply adore you and am so glad to have met you! I still plan on making that trip if all goes well on my side :wink:

You left an impression on me that I'll always remember...you know that that was? To remember that no matter how young or old, people can find common ground for the love of something, whether it be a television show that touched us forever, or a person they met and will remember for a lifetime to come.

You stay strong and fight (like I know you are) and know that I'll be here waiting to read your amazing words.

I will keep you in my prayers and I wish you love.

Tanya
Itzstacie
Forum Moderator

Post by Itzstacie »

Honey you worry about taking care of yourself first, that's the most important thing. You will be in my thoughts and prayers and I truely hope everything workds out for you. *Hugs*

Stacie
Raychelxluscious
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Raychelxluscious »

You're an inspiration, Cherie.

I just wanted you to know that. :)

Raychel
writing is a socially accepted form of schizophrenia

Roswell, New Mexico S1 Watch Party
CheriBomb
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by CheriBomb »

Cherie,

Meeting you in Austin last year, and getting to the chance to hang out with you and the other ladies this year, too, is one of the best memories in my life. You are such a sweet lady, and so much fun to be around! I know you'll fight this with everything you have because you are such a strong woman. You have my admiration, my admiration and my thoughts and prayers for your surgery and your recovery!

Love you!
Cheri
jero
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by jero »

Well I'm not as elegant as others are with words, so I'm just going to say:

Hang in there Cherie!

I know it's bad right now, but if anyone can beat this, it's you!

Miss you!

Love you!

jero
jero

Roswellian, and PROUD of it!

VOTE for Roswell!
Kath7
Administrator

Post by Kath7 »

Hi everyone!

Since I know everyone is concerned about cherie, cherie's grandson has posted on the announcements forum about what's going on with her. So head over there for news and to send your good wishes.

Kath