Fics by Midwest Max - UPDATED! 09/27/08

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Midwest Max
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Midwest Max »

Thank you :D

Best Point-of-View Fanfiction
Winner: The Son Series by Midwest Max

Most Dependable Updater
Runner-Up: Midwest Max

Best Short Story (5 parts or less)
Runner-Up: I've Got the Power by Midwest Max

Funniest Fanfiction
Runner-Up: One Max Over the Max by Midwest Max
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Congratulations!!! :D
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Midwest Max
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Midwest Max »

Added a link to The Mourning After
Midwest Max
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Midwest Max »

Hello everyone

I wanted to get a post out to let you guys know what I've been doing. Those of you who are reading Chasing the Son know that my updates have been few and far between. In the past, I could easily update a fic two or even three times in a single week. It's taken me since August to post only 25 chapters of CTS.

So I did some soul-searching as to why that is. Over the weekend I pulled out some of my old stories and re-read them and I realized that the reason I could write so fast back then was because I was really into the characters, full of ideas and really driven to write. For the last six months or so, it's been a struggle to make myself sit down in front of my computer and put five pages together to post. Those chapters that I have written have disappointed me.

And when I realized this, I realized that maybe my time in the fandom has come to an end. I wrote my first fic in August of 2000 and from that point until last fall, I wrote continuously. I loved doing it and I loved sharing the stories with anyone who was willing to read them. But now my muse is a little tired and needs a rest.

People here have been extremely generous with me and I'll never forget the friends I have made, the awards I've been given and the wonderful interaction that fanfic allows you to have with your readers.

For a long time (probably more than 10 years) I didn't write anything at all. Roswell and its rich cast of characters brought writing back into my life and for that I can't thank Melinda Metz and the WB enough. It's rare to have something touch you so intimately. As some of you know, I don't watch much television other than Discovery and the History Channel, so it was even more rare that this little struggling show sparked my muse to pick up a pen again. I feel like I shared in something special.

For now, I have no plans to complete Chasing the Son. I apologize to those of you who were reading that story because I know it sucks big time to get into a fic and then have it unfinished. I don't want to reveal the plot points to come because I can't say that in six months I won't want to start writing on it again. But for now, I'm not doing the story or its readers justice by trying to plow through it. I am planning on finishing The Mourning After as it only has a few parts left.

So for now I will say adieu and thank all of you for being loyal readers. As I've said before, a writer is nothing without someone to read their work. I will still be around, perhaps catching up on all of these wonderful fics on this board that I haven't had a chance to read.

It's been a blast and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Karen
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Karen,

First of all I want to say thank you for all your talent that you've already shared with us. You have definitely enriched the fandom in many ways. I've always believed (though this is totally bias of me) that the Roswell fandom has a higher standard than most when it comes to fanfics, and that's because of people like you. I've said it before, but the quality of your writing is definitely equal to and beyond that of many published books I've read. (And I'll repeat my claim that if you ever did publish a book I would not only buy it, but give copies to all my friends).

Secondly... is it silly to say that I'm glad I still have a ton of your stories to read? Heehee. But I am. (And I feel sorry for Jenny and other Karen-followers who have. lol) And while on the one hand I'm sorry to not see the end of Chasing the Son... the beauty of a prequel is that we have seen "the end" in a sense. Obviously we're missing out on a few of the in-between twists and turns, but since we know how Max and Liz (not to mention Nate and Alyssa and the others!) turn out ultimately... well it's okay. If there's anywhere to leave us hanging, that's the spot. :wink:

I'll probably continue to leave you feedback here, as I do get to your other stories... (and believe me I WILL) because from past experience your stories always make me want to gush like crazy. And while I'm sorry to see you stepping away for completely selfish reasons, as a writer I can also see how writing something you don't feel attached to can be draining and disappointing in it's own way, and fully support your decision to leave it be.

This is mostly a lot of rambling, but I just wanted to again say thank you for your wonderful stories and your great talent and for sharing it all with us!

And uh... I'm serious on that original-writing thing. I can't imagine your not meeting with success if you ever chose to follow that path.

~Lisa
Midwest Max
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Midwest Max »

Aw, thanks Lisa :D You're very sweet!

BTW, the folks over at Roswell Heaven have invited me back for another author's chat. The information is in my sig. I hope you guys can stop by and we can chat for a while. I would absolutely love it!
Human-traffic-accident
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Human-traffic-accident »

hey,
i just wanna say that your fic's are amazing,
well done
xxx
♥_We lie to ourselves because the truth.....
the truth freaking hurts_♥
Sirio
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Sirio »

Karen, I miss you.

Sirio
Image Image
♥ What's so great about normal? ♥ Capitano, mio Capitano ♥ Romantic Strawberry Dreamer ♥ Wise ♥
♥ The king had returned to his kingdom, and all was right with the world ♥ Max and Jamie are my addiction ♥
♥ We few, we happy few, we band of brothers ♥
Midwest Max
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Midwest Max »

Aw, thanks, Sirio - that's sweet :) I miss chatting with you guys, too
Midwest Max
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Fics by Midwest Max - A/N 05/15/07

Post by Midwest Max »

It's never too late to say thank you :D

Favorite Lead Portrayal of Maria Deluca
Runner-Up: One Max Over the Max