Fics by Midwest Max - UPDATED! 09/27/08

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Sirio
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: Fics by Midwest Max - A/N 05/15/07

Post by Sirio »

Karen, i've not give up the hope. :wink: And not even your italian fans.

We are waiting for your return.

Sirio
Image Image
♥ What's so great about normal? ♥ Capitano, mio Capitano ♥ Romantic Strawberry Dreamer ♥ Wise ♥
♥ The king had returned to his kingdom, and all was right with the world ♥ Max and Jamie are my addiction ♥
♥ We few, we happy few, we band of brothers ♥
Midwest Max
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Midwest Max »

Hi Sirio!

I'm not making a come back per se, but I am answering the challenge posted at the top of the board ;)
Midwest Max
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Midwest Max »

The wonderful folks at Roswell Heaven have invited me back for another author's chat. I miss talking with you guys! So stop by and let's spend a few hours together. Information is in my sig!
femmenerd
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Fics by Midwest Max - A/N 02/06/08

Post by femmenerd »

Hey Karen, so I haven't been reading or writing Roswell fic for awhile now. I think, actually, that the last Roswell fic I was following was the Michael installment of the "My Beloved" series. Anyway, in a sudden fit of nostalgia recently I pulled out my Roswell DVDs and realized that what I really wanted was some Maria, and maybe some Michael and after feeling rather adrift I came upon your story "Reversal of Fortunes" which I had never read. I really enjoyed it and I just wanted to tell you that.
My Author's Page
"I'm sorry baby, I'm a bad, rude man." -Spike
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Karen, I've been reading through some of your one-shots the past few days. The fluff ones, actually. Read the first three you've got listed and adored especially to see Daddy!Max and yteen!Alex. haha Then I got to Haunted and it had me in tears. I had no idea that you'd written a piece about Isabel letting go of Alex. If I had I might have not felt the need to write a couple of my own short pieces. LOL

Thought it was fantastic, really. I love reading your Isabel, because I never have to worry about her being in character in your stories. I already know she's in good hands. (Of course you have the rest of them down pat, too. That helps. :wink: )
Midwest Max
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Midwest Max »

I didn't realize I had fb :oops:

Femmenerd - I apologize for taking so long to thank you. I'm glad that you liked Reveral of Fortune - that's one of my personal favorites as well :) Thank you for taking the time to leave some comments - I appreciate them even if I am a little tardy in the thanks.

cardinalgirl - It's great to hear from you! :D Before I wrote Haunted, I'd read a book by Steward O'Nan called The Night Country. It's about 3 kids who died in a car accident on Halloween and the first anniversary of their deaths is coming up. It's told kind of like The Lovely Bones, but I liked this one better - I highly recommend it. Anyhoo, one of the concepts was that every time someone living thought of them, their ghosts had to go be with them. As Halloween got closer, they were constantly being whisked from one person to the next. I thought about that and sort of put Alex into that situation, that he couldn't rest because Isabel couldn't let him go. And that's how "Haunted" happened ;)
cardinalgirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by cardinalgirl »

Oh, interesting! I may have to check that book out. It sounds like a good read.
Midwest Max
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Midwest Max »

cardinalgirl wrote:Oh, interesting! I may have to check that book out. It sounds like a good read.
It haunted me for about a week after I read it :shock: It's not real long (a little over 200 pages). I read it in 2 sittings. Here's the Amazon listing for it - http://www.amazon.com/Night-Country-Nov ... 217&sr=8-2
Midwest Max
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Midwest Max »

Hello everyone! I wanted to stop by and let you know I'm whoring my talents for a good cause :lol: Click on the link below to go to the author auction to support Stacie. So if you've ever wished that I'd write something I didn't, here's your chance! Or, maybe if I'm not your writer of choice, there may be someone else on the list who is. Go on - check it out!

http://supportstacie.net/?page_id=58
jbangelo
Administrator

Re: Fics by Midwest Max - A/N 09/07/08

Post by jbangelo »

Karen, that is fantastic news. :D One more author for me to bid on. ;)
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”