April's Author's Thread Is Bringing Sexyback!

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

morethenwords122
Addicted Roswellian

Re: April's Author's Thread Is Bringing Sexyback!

Post by morethenwords122 »

She became obsessed from the get go, and hey, she's even a candy shipper :D I've actually become much more a candy shipper this time around too, which surprised me to no end. I've always liked Michael/Maria but I never shipped them, especially since I use to feel like I was being disloyal to my original stargazer ship...but hey, you get older and tastes change and I feel that Michael and Maria just have the most realistic relationship of all the ships on the show.

Anyway, her favorite season was the second and she's actually really liking season 3 so far, I mean, hey, it's entirely not a bad season... it just not my favorite... though it still holds one of my favorite series finales of all time.
I hurt myself today/To see if I still feel- (Hurt, Johnny Cash)

My Fics

(My Tumblr)

Ao3 Account
sonia62
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by sonia62 »

Hi April,

I'm not a writer but I'm a Candy "obssessed" from the start of Roswell in Italy, my country and still do. I hope that you don't grow tired of writing for this fandom even if I suppose a talented writer like you would like to have other more challenging experiences but I cherise your writing and your story and I wait every sunday for your updates even if they are painful to read ! Please don' t give up !
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Michael, that's actually really cool that your shipping experiences with this show have evolved. And I happen to agree, yes, they're the most realistic relationship on the show, which is part of what always drew me to them.

Roswell is so special, man. I ship all the "canon" ships.

Sonia, thank you for the nice words! Are you the same Sonia who posts at Candy Is Dandy? Don't worry, I will keep writing. My brain is always overflowing with ideas for fanfiction. ;)
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Added a couple new awards from the latest round of the Roswell Heaven Fan Fiction Awards. Both are for Somewhere, Anywhere.

I'm very grateful and appreciative. :)
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

So it looks like Photobucket decided to do a fun thing and block all of its image links on 3rd party websites. So you know what that means? Pretty much every image I've ever uploaded to Photobucket is gone. :roll: Because I'm not paying $40 a month just to upgrade my account so my images will be displayed. I'm glad I started making the conversion to Imgur last year.

Late summer project: Re-upload all images in OP of Author's Thread to Imgur. Fuck you, Photobucket.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

WOW, it has been a long time since I've posted in this thread or even on this board.

Just wanted to give people an update on where I'm at with my writing lately: I'm not gonna lie, I've developed another love for a ship/fandom, and that's Bellamy and Clarke from The 100. They're the only other ship I've loved as much as I love Michael and Maria. They're an OTP for me, and I've written 2 novel-length fics for that fandom that really blew up and got popular. It's been really fun to write for that fandom, and I plan to continue to do so.

I know that I left the Someone, Anyone trilogy on a complete cliffhanger, and I kind of hate myself for that. Maybe I will get back to it someday. I can't promise anything, can't give any guarantees, but anything is possible. I do actually have some of the final fic in that series written (Something, Anything), but it's nowhere near the whole thing, and I'm not sure if anyone would still be interested in reading at this point or remember the prior stories in the series. Hell, even I would have to go back and re-read them before I start writing again.

So basically . . . that's just an update on where I've been. I do still love Roswell and Michael/Maria, but I need to explore this other passion of mine, and that's Bellarke.

If anyone here watches The 100 and loves this ship, here are the 2 novels I wrote for it, plus one shorter fic.

Eventually
Lost Is Where I'm Found
Open Your Eyes (Shorter Fic)