April's Author's Thread Is Bringing Sexyback!

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

April
Roswell Fanatic

Re: April's Author's Thread Is Bringing Sequelback!

Post by April »

Been feeling sort of strange and nostalgic lately. It just sort of hit me . . .

I started posting 522 on March 1st 2010. I began writing it sometime in 2009. So I've literally been writing this story for nearly four years now. And before that, I wrote the original, 521, which I began posting almost exactly a year before that, March 2nd, 2009. So I actually started brainstorming and writing this AU fic back in 2008. That just seems crazy.

I've spent so much time with these characters, I almost feel like I know them. Is that weird? Is it weird to think like that? I mean, I actually care about what happens to them. I don't know if it's weird.

Anyway, I'm nearing the end of this increasingly long and twisted tale. I really only have a handful of pages left to write. It almost seems surreal that I'll actually be finishing it. I'm glad I will be, and I'm eager to start a new story. But 521/522 have been quite the experience, and it's so strange that I'm almost done with it.

Just felt like posting that. I'm sure other authors might have similar feelings when finishing a fic. It's just . . . hard to put into words, actually.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Ah! It's done. Just finished it tonight.

4 years of writing. I really can't believe I've been working on it so long. In a way, the time has flown by, and in other ways, it's been an absolute labor of love.

The final page number is a whopping 1,893 pages. Too long, but . . . whatever.

Oh, man, what a strange feeling.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Hard to believe, but you guys are actually all the way on page 1,772. :shock:
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Thanks, guys.

I'm really feeling it right now, this . . . like, nostalgia. :( I don't know, it's weird. I've never felt like this after finishing a fic before, and I've written so many.

Well, I promised myself that after I finished 522, I would take the time to re-read both 521 and 522 in their entirety. It's not a short process. Both stories combined total up to 3,210 pages.

Anyway, I clearly have nothing better to do with my time right now, because it took me 3 days, but I finished re-reading 521. There was a lot of foreshadowing there, some of it intentional, some of it not. I'll tell you, re-reading that story with the larger context of 522 in mind was a much different experience for me than when I first wrote it/read it back.

I really am excited to start a new fic and craft some new characters, though. But . . . like I said, nostalgia. it's kind of hard to let go. Weeeeeeird feeling. :shock:
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Well, I finally just broke down and purchased Photoshop instead of just relying on the free trial downloads that pop up once every few years. So I've made some Roswell artwork, mostly Candy stuff, some stuff related to my fic, 522. I'm not sure if I'm completely sold on all of it, but for the most part, I think it looks pretty good.

Enjoy!

Last edited by April on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

And then here are the Michael and Maria sexy manips. The last one is the one I'm affectionately calling, "Michael's Artwork." ;)

April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

And because they have undoubtedly become my second favorite . . .

Trim that lamp. :)
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Thank you!
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Hey, Michelle.

Yes, I will have a new story. I'll offer up a little more info about it after I finish posting 522.

Currently, I only have 61 pages of this new story written, but I'll tell you, I am FEELING IT so far! I'm in a really good writing flow already. I think yesterday I wrote, like, 20 pages in a matter of just a few hours. It's coming really naturally, and I'm pleased with what I've come up with. :D