April's Author's Thread Is Bringing Sexyback!

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

April
Roswell Fanatic

Re: April's Author's Thread Is Bringing Sexyback!

Post by April »

Hi, Michelle! Thanks, that's so nice of you to say all of that. I'm glad you like my artwork and stories.

As for a Coming Soon section . . . I don't have one. I just keep posting and posting to this thread, teasing what's to come as I go rather than adding it onto one of the opening posts.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Someone, Anyone Soundtrack
Click HERE to listen!

Last edited by April on Sat May 16, 2015 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Batch 3 of the Sweet and Spicy Candy Quote Project! Enjoy!

#41: Always Have, Always Will

#42: Be Naked

#43: Best Part of My Day

#44: Sex Toy

#45: My Heart

#46: Different

#47: Hard to Resist

#48: Intoxicated

#49: Shh . . .

#50: We

#51: Not Gonna Be Easy

#52: The Best Kiss

#53: Gorgeous

#54: Do You Want To?

#55: I'm Not Perfect

#56: Such a Good Lover

#57: Love/Friendship

#58: Kiss the Chef

#59: More Than Anything

#60: Favorite Love Story

STILL more to come! :D

-April
Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Michelle17 »

Hi April,

I love you art work and I love your stories. I wish I could write Michael and Maria like you do. I love writing and still trying to complete fics. I'm a big Dreamer, but I'm also a big Candy fan girl too. I wanted to say I'm very proud of all your writing. I started my own blog and I love your Tumblr page. Do you have any suggestions on how I can learn how to write Michael and Maria.

Special thanks too

claudialynn
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Aw, thanks, Michelle! I really appreciate the compliments.

As far as advice . . . well, since you're a big Dreamer, it probably comes naturally to you to write them. I know that's the way it is for me with Michael and Maria. Their storylines and characterizations just flow into my head non-stop. But sometimes, with the other couples, even though I love and appreciate them as well, it takes me a little longer to come up with stuff.

My advice would be to tap into that aspect of Michael and Maria's relationship that you enjoy, and go with it. See, for me, with Max and Liz, the aspect of their relationship I find myself most invested in isn't the sweet/fairytale side. It's the tragic, twisted, sometimes downright unhealthy side. So that's why, in my fics, especially in later more ensemble ones, they tend to carry darker storylines. Because that's the part of Canon Max/Liz that fascinates me.

I don't know if that makes any sense or not. But to recap, pinpoint what it is you enjoy about M+M and make that the focal point when you write them. The more you write them, the more comfortable you'll get with them. :)
Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Michelle17 »

Okay Thank You April, Oh some of you links don't work in your novel section, Your Story Beautiful is one but a couple others aren't working either.
April wrote:Aw, thanks, Michelle! I really appreciate the compliments.

As far as advice . . . well, since you're a big Dreamer, it probably comes naturally to you to write them. I know that's the way it is for me with Michael and Maria. Their storylines and characterizations just flow into my head non-stop. But sometimes, with the other couples, even though I love and appreciate them as well, it takes me a little longer to come up with stuff.

My advice would be to tap into that aspect of Michael and Maria's relationship that you enjoy, and go with it. See, for me, with Max and Liz, the aspect of their relationship I find myself most invested in isn't the sweet/fairytale side. It's the tragic, twisted, sometimes downright unhealthy side. So that's why, in my fics, especially in later more ensemble ones, they tend to carry darker storylines. Because that's the part of Canon Max/Liz that fascinates me.

I don't know if that makes any sense or not. But to recap, pinpoint what it is you enjoy about M+M and make that the focal point when you write them. The more you write them, the more comfortable you'll get with them. :)

Special thanks too

claudialynn
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

I'll have to fix those links at some point since I think I originally linked them to the now-defunct Roswell Desert Skies site.

YES! At last! It's taken me weeks to get this video completed. Then it took me forever to get it uploaded because it's a massive file size. Finally, I think I got it, though.

This is probably the best video I've ever made. It is set to a duet by Taylor Swift and Gary Lightbody called "The Last Time." I'm not usually a Taylor Swift fan, but I've always liked this song.

ENJOY!

Michael and Maria - The Last Time
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Batch #4 of the Sweet and Spicy Candy Quote Project! ENJOY!

#61: Things May Get Rough

#62: Hot, Rough Sex

#63: I Love You

#64: Drive Away

#65: I Shall Stare

#66: Together

#67: I Won't Stop

#68: Your Smile

#69: Wine, Dine

#70: So Hard to Forget

#71: Sorry

#72: Worth It All

#73: Your Body

#74: So Much Fun

#75: Sex Is Like Math

#76: A Waitress

#77: My Best Friend

#78: The Only Guy

#79: Her

#80: Let's Be Naughty

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, EVERYONE! :mrgreen:
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Here is a new video:

Side note: I finished writing Someone, Anyone! I can't believe it only took me a little over a year. (And it's been a busy year!) I think it ended up being a very cohesive piece, and I'm thrilled with the way it turned out.
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Here's a little artwork I made a while ago. Nothing fancy, but kind of cute. The manip in the bottom left corner is not mine, and I can't recall who created it. The second manip on the top row was created by Ellashy.