'More than Words', Michael's Fics

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

April
Roswell Fanatic

Re: 'More than Words', Michael's Fics

Post by April »

Very cool! All great songs, some of which I hadn't heard of.

By the sound of it, you'll definitely succeed in creating a mood/atmosphere for the fic with all this music you're using. Those songs were very alluring and sexy, yet turbulent with emotions and conflict. Neat.

I'm especially intrigued by where you plan to use "Can You Feel My Heart," because that's just a really strong song, one that I've actually toyed around with using in the fic I'm working on right now, too!
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
morethenwords122
Addicted Roswellian

Post by morethenwords122 »

April wrote:Very cool! All great songs, some of which I hadn't heard of.

By the sound of it, you'll definitely succeed in creating a mood/atmosphere for the fic with all this music you're using. Those songs were very alluring and sexy, yet turbulent with emotions and conflict. Neat.
I'm very picky and selective when I pick songs for my stories... I wanna create an atmosphere that best represents the fic and the characters struggles the most. Songs for this fic was and are hard to shop for but the songs I put in the video are the ones that I'm most sure about using.

Actually, "Angel on my shoulder" is the first song of the soundtrack :D
I'm especially intrigued by where you plan to use "Can You Feel My Heart," because that's just a really strong song, one that I've actually toyed around with using in the fic I'm working on right now, too!
I had difficulty with placing "Can You Feel My Heart"... put I think I'm using it in the right place.
I hurt myself today/To see if I still feel- (Hurt, Johnny Cash)

My Fics

(My Tumblr)

Ao3 Account
morethenwords122
Addicted Roswellian

Deleted By Me
Last edited by morethenwords122 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My Fics

(My Tumblr)

Ao3 Account
morethenwords122
Addicted Roswellian

Hey, Everybody :D

Here is some character artwork I did for 'Paradise'. I did something very similar back when I was writting 'All Roads Lead to Roswell'... but I have these characters much more flushed out than I did when I was writiing 'ARLTR'... I also like these much better too. I don't own anything but the editing.
click Here
Last edited by morethenwords122 on Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

My Fics

(My Tumblr)

Ao3 Account
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Cool. More hints about the characters, and now that I've started reading about them, I see how some of those attributes could/will manifest.
Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eva »

I've got to agree with April. A lot of characteristics are already present through the first chapters. They all have three dimensional characters, very close to situations in real life. It's something I value in a story.

Profound characters can bring a story to life, pulling me closer and absorbing me completely. I'm very glad that I found your stories, Michael!
Take a look at Eva's world
morethenwords122
Addicted Roswellian

April wrote:Cool. More hints about the characters, and now that I've started reading about them, I see how some of those attributes could/will manifest.
I had made these artworks back when I had first started writing 'Paradise'. I had originally planned to post them before I begun to post the story... but I believe I made a better choose in choosing to wait, especially since now you know what is happening to these Characters. It won't be such a stretch to see some of these traits manifest or already ingrained into them.

I'm also glad you like them!

Eva wrote:I've got to agree with April. A lot of characteristics are already present through the first chapters. They all have three dimensional characters, very close to situations in real life. It's something I value in a story.

Profound characters can bring a story to life, pulling me closer and absorbing me completely. I'm very glad that I found your stories, Michael!
Thanks, I'm glad you're invested in these characters and 'Paradise' as a whole! I was afraid that this story would be too, well... honest and tough for the readers... but that was what I liked about this story in the first place, it isn't a walk in the park for me to write and, at times, it won't be easy to read either... but I think that's where the charm lies.

This story doesn't hide what it is... and I won't let it... even if this story ends up bumped to the Alien Abyss for it :D

I like your stories too, Eva! I always wanted to read 'Twined Roads'... but at the time I had first come across it, I wasn't much of a candy fan. I only read stargazer stories back than... but now that I've gotten older and I've come to appreciate all of the Roswell couples for what they are more, even in some instances Max/Liz-- I just don't have the time.

You can even ask April... I'm way behind in reading the recent chapters of 'Someone, Anyone' :lol:

My Fics

(My Tumblr)

Ao3 Account
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

This story doesn't hide what it is... and I won't let it... even if this story ends up bumped to the Alien Abyss for it
:lol: Yeah, I've had that happen a couple of times.

Stories don't always have to be pretty and happy to be good.
Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eva »

I was afraid that this story would be too, well... honest and tough for the readers... but that was what I liked about this story in the first place, it isn't a walk in the park for me to write and, at times, it won't be easy to read either... but I think that's where the charm lies.
I'm glad you took the leap to write this story, Michael! True, it's going to be difficult, even beyond difficult. But you've got a gifted pen and it's good that you use it the way you do.
I like your stories too, Eva! I always wanted to read 'Twined Roads'... but at the time I had first come across it, I wasn't much of a candy fan. I only read stargazer stories back than... but now that I've gotten older and I've come to appreciate all of the Roswell couples for what they are more, even in some instances Max/Liz-- I just don't have the time.
No worries! To say the truth, Alex & Isabel is my second favorite couple. Liz & Max are also (just like you think) too soft for my taste. They're not complex enough for me, you know. I'm too much of an emotional basket case 8) to enjoy stories where the emotions are well hidden behind a shallow surface.
By the way, I had to smirk when I read "now I've gotten older'. I just saw how old you were and I immediately thought 'Whoa, for such an old TV serie, it's a wonder he found that one out of the whole bunch of tv programs!" :D
Take a look at Eva's world
morethenwords122
Addicted Roswellian

Eva wrote:
No worries! To say the truth, Alex & Isabel is my second favorite couple. Liz & Max are also (just like you think) too soft for my taste. They're not complex enough for me, you know. I'm too much of an emotional basket case 8) to enjoy stories where the emotions are well hidden behind a shallow surface.
By the way, I had to smirk when I read "now I've gotten older'. I just saw how old you were and I immediately thought 'Whoa, for such an old TV serie, it's a wonder he found that one out of the whole bunch of tv programs!" :D
No, I don't just think Max/Liz are too soft... I think they're annoying too. I stopped liking them the moment that Tess came into the picture. Liz got to 'woo is me... Tess loves Max, what am I going to do' for my tastes and by the end of 'Destiny', I basically threw in the towel. I just mainly roll my eyes now when there on screen when I re-watch Roswell... but I will give that ship this; I would fall in love with the girl, Hell even dude, who risked his whole existence to save my life.

I'm just more of a Stargazer and Candy shipper... I would ship Tess/Kyle too, if they had been an actual couple and Tess hadn't been such a bitch.

And, to answer your question... I don't know how I discovered Roswell :?... I believe I begun to watch it online but they only had up to episode six on the site I was using. So, basically, I begged my mother to let me buy it on amazon, brought the whole series for really cheap, and marathon the entire series with my step-sister in like two weeks... really, that's all we did was sleep, eat, and watch Roswell for two weeks straight! It was the best summer of my 17-year-old life... It's one of the only good memories I have of my step-sister. And still till this day 'Roswell' is one of my favorite shows because of that summer, especially episode 9 of season 1.

And what I meant by 'older' was that I've re-watched the show so many times over the few years since I've known about it, that my opinion on the show has changed. I still love it but I just love it for different reasons now... I see the show through different lenses. I can appreciate what I didn't before... that goes for 'Cry Your Name' and 'Significant Others'... and season 3 as a whole.

I used to hate those episodes and season with a passion, but now those episodes are on my top favorites ... I still hate that Alex died but the acting was sooo good in that episode that I can't help but like it, it was much better than what we saw for the rest of the season... and While I still don't like Jesse, I think he really loved Isabel and if Isabel had to move on, I'm glad that she did with Jesse. He was a good guy.

My Fics

(My Tumblr)

Ao3 Account