elodie's fics - updated 4/25/09

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

elodie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

elodie's fics - updated 4/25/09

Post by elodie »

COMPLETE

Syzygy
It's the night of an eclipse and Tess is convinced she'll meet her opposite, her perfect match, the yang to her yin.

Indefinite Hiatus... (sorry!)

The House of Atherton
Liz and Nancy Parker had been on their own a long time. When Nancy receives a job offer in her old home town, they pack up their things and move across the country to Marathon, Massachusetts, the home of the mysterious James Atherton. Liz uncovers a web of lies, deceit and mystery that runs deep through the history of the town. As she sorts through the skeletons in her mother's closet, she begins to realize that something is seriously wrong in the town of Marathon.

*beautiful banner by Rosdude!*
The Thorn Mattress
Liz knew she was about to die. She knew it even before the doctors told her. Fighting cancer for years had sapped so much of her energy that she was too tired to fight anymore. On the drive home from the hospital, her death sentence still playing through her head, she nearly runs over a bloody, emaciated Max Evans wearing only a pair of white scrub pants. He begs her to help him. Knowing she has nothing to lose, she tells him she'll do anything. They go on the run together, hiding from the government and trying in vain to contact those at home. By the time they've reached the end, it wasn't just Liz's body that Max healed; he healed her soul too.

All Secrets Sleep in Winter Clothes
There hadn't been a real female presence in the Valenti house for eleven years, not since Kyle's mom left. When his dad takes in a foster kid in the midst of an existential crisis, Kyle is a little worried. Tess has been in the system for years. She doesn't know what it truly feels like to be loved and she's ok with that. As soon as Kyle meets her, he loves her, but she claims she's too damaged for love and continues down the path of self destruction that she's been on for years. Once Kyle finds out about her past, he's determined to help her. The only question is, will she let him?

COMING SOON...

Long Strange Trip
Liz meets a stranger in the desert while tripping on mushrooms, leading her and her friends on a deep spiritual adventure.

Chewbacca Goes To Prom
Kyle and Tess spearhead a campaign to hold a Star Wars themed prom, provoking an all out war between the pro-Chewie and anti-Chewie factions of the prom committee.
*based on a true story, sadly* ;)

Woman of the Year
Tess Harding's downward spiral and her gradual road to redemption.

Bachelor #1...
Unlucky in love Liz finds herself on a dating show, hoping she'll be able to find the right man for her.

Weekend in Juarez
Six friends, students at NMSU, head south of the border for the weekend for alcohol-fueled fun, discovering more about each other and themselves than they ever expected.

The Princess Tess
summary coming soon...

Kismet
Liz Parker was found in the fetal position next to the highway, with silver fingerprints on her temples. She never spoke a word. The agents didn't know what to do with her, so they stuffed her in the back of their van, and then completely forgot about her, as they were in pursuit of a much more important piece of the puzzle...Max Evans. Liz Parker wasn't there on the highway for no reason. No, she was Nasedo's first clue, found at mile marker 67.

Crepusculo
Out of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she had to walk into his. Michael Guerin hadn't seen Liz Parker for two years, not since she left him in Boston soon after they planned to escape to Canada together. When she walks into Michael's Crashdown Saloon on the arm of the infamous Max Evans, all Michael's feelings and anger buried beneath his cynical, indifferent shell push through. At least they'll always have Boston.
(A takeoff on Casablanca... Consider it an homage. Also my first attempt at UC!

You'd Be So Nice to Come Home To
Based on a challenge by killjoy
During a dangerous bombing run the six men aboard a B-25 bomber decide to pass the time by talking. So as the long dark miles of the English Channel pass below them the men talk about home.
Last edited by elodie on Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:30 pm, edited 68 times in total.
VeronicB
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by VeronicB »

The Thorn Mattress sounds realy good! Can't wait for you to start it!
Oh what a beautiful morning
What a butifull day,
Oh what a butifull morning
Everything's going my way.

I LOVE JB!
dreamon
Addicted Roswellian

Post by dreamon »

VeronicB wrote:The Thorn Mattress sounds realy good! Can't wait for you to start it!
Ditto!
elodie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by elodie »

Awards/Nominations!

Best AU w/ Aliens: The Thorn Mattress

Blind Date AU with Aliens Award - best premise in an AU with aliens: The Thorn Mattress
I'm Liz Parker, and 5 days ago I died Award - best first chapter: The Thorn Mattress
Baby it's you Award - best new to the site author

Roswell Heaven Celestial Awards Round 2
Blind Date AU with Aliens Award - best premise in an AU with aliens: The Thorn Mattress (tied with Rosdude's Malign!)
Last edited by elodie on Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 9 times in total.
pinkslipper
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pinkslipper »

I like the start of Kismet

Did you know that Kismet means FATE in the Turkish language...

Never mind I'm just mumbling again... :)

My question was, when are you going to start writing kismet?? :oops:

Bye
pinkslipper
Liz Parker;
Have you ever had a moment when you're with the one person in the world you want to be with and the wind is blowing through your hair and the song that just describes your entire soul happens to come on, and then the person that you want to be with happens to love the same song and suddenly you realize you're listening to it together?
elodie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by elodie »

pinkslipper wrote:I like the start of Kismet

Did you know that Kismet means FATE in the Turkish language...

Never mind I'm just mumbling again... :)

My question was, when are you going to start writing kismet?? :oops:

Bye
pinkslipper
I do :) Its from the Arabic qisma. I'm a word dork.

I'm not entirely sure when I'm going to start it. This is sort of a dropping ground for plot bunnies I have in my head that I just want to remind myself of. I probably won't start it for awhile, since I want to at least finish The Thorn Mattress before the summer.

And thank you :D
-elodie
xmag
Addicted Roswellian

Post by xmag »

"This waking life" and "Kismet" sound promising, very intriguing fics. I hope you'll write them during the summer, after The Thorn mattress.
elodie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by elodie »

Chapter 12 of The Thorn Mattress up :)
cassie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by cassie »

Very glad to read your update today. Can't wait until you start posting Kismet and Wonderland!
pinkslipper
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by pinkslipper »

Thanks for your respons

And I can't wait for you to start Kismet

Bye
Pinkslipper
Liz Parker;
Have you ever had a moment when you're with the one person in the world you want to be with and the wind is blowing through your hair and the song that just describes your entire soul happens to come on, and then the person that you want to be with happens to love the same song and suddenly you realize you're listening to it together?