Skittle1983's Stories A/N 9/30/07

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Skittles1983
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Skittle1983's Stories A/N 9/30/07

Post by Skittles1983 »

Hi Everyone,
I' ve decided to start an author's page to help myself and my readers keep my stories straight. I am going to start updating each story once a week (well that's my plan for now). I'm going to start tomorrow. For now, here is the list of my stories. Complete, WIP, and Ones that I am will start to post after Halloween.

Completed:

Shadows of the Night

Author: Amy

Couple: Zan/Liz

Rating: Mature

Alternate Universe, No Aliens

Intro:

Liz Parker was brutally attacked and her boyfriend murdered right in front of her. Maria DeLuca convinces Liz to come stay with her in Roswell, New Mexico. Liz has no one left but Maria, so she goes to stay with her.

The minute Zan Evans meets Liz Parker he falls in love with her. But there’s something about Liz. Zan can tell that she is broken and he wants nothing more than to help her.

Will Liz be able to let Zan in? Will Zan be able to protect Liz from her past?

Starts with Goodbye

Intro:

Liz Parker and Zan Evans have been best friends forever. Zan is two years older than Liz and no matter who comes into their lives they are still best friends. As they get older Liz realizes that she is in love with Zan. She keeps these feelings to herself, but all of their mutual friends can tell that there is something there between them.

Liz decides to go away to college and attend Boston University. All of her friends are staying in Roswell, New Mexico and attending Roswell University.

On graduation night, Zan who has just finished his sophomore year of college visits Liz. Zan has gotten a reputation for being a player. He dates and sleeps with whoever he wants. However, on graduation night something happens between Zan and Liz. They spend a beautiful, passionate night together. For Liz it is her first time and unforgettable. For Zan, it is something entirely different. This is the first time he is really seeing his little Lizzie all grown up and he realizes he loves her. But, in the morning when Liz wakes up she finds a note from Zan.

Heartbroken, Liz decides to leave for Boston early. She runs from her heartbreak and sadness but she can't hide forever.

While away, Liz never visits Roswell. She keeps in touch with all of her friends at home except Zan.

Now, four years later as Liz graduates college she decides to go home and visit the place she ran from.

What will happen when Liz returns home?

Change of Heart

Summary: Takes place after Future Max has visited Liz. Liz discovered that Tess was mind warping and Alex to help her decode the Destiny book. Tess was stopped but in the midst of this revelation another secret has come out: Max and Tess slept together one night when they were trying to remember their past lives on Antar. The whole group is shaken to it's core. Max and Tess are the outcasts and they are being treated accordingly. Liz knows that she can't let things get out of control because Future Max told her Tess was important to their survival. She has no choice but to tell everyone the truth about Future Max. Liz decides after graduation she needs to get away, so she decides it's time to go check out NYC and visit Ava.

This Love

Summary: Maria and Liz are best friends. They met when they were two years old and became inseparable. When it came time to go to college Liz decides to stay on the East Coast and attends Boston University. Maria decides to go to the West Coast and attends UCLA. Maria's Mom and Liz's parents relocate to Roswell and open up a Bed and Breakfast with a Spa. Maria visits her Mom and Liz's parents quite often, while Liz stays in Boston for her four years of college. After graduation, Liz moves to Roswell to be close to her best friend and parents again. She has accepted a job offer as head researcher of the Cancer Wing at Roswell Hospital. What awaits her in Roswell is far more than she ever expected when she meets Maria's friends. Especially, the mysterious Zan Evans. But there is something in Zan's past that he can't seem to move past. Will Liz be able to help him or will she have to let him go?

Immortality Series Book 1: Close Your Eyes

Conventional Couples

I've had several stories floating around in my head but this one has definitely been driving me crazy so I decided to write it. This is going to be a trilogy. The name of the trilogy is the Immortality Series.
This is a series that takes place in an Alternate Universe and will contain violent scenes, character deaths, and character rebirths. It will be all conventional couples. There is one Castle on Antar and two Manors on the castle grounds. The Castle belongs to the King and Queen, one manor belongs to the two best friends of the King and the other belongs to the two best friends of the Queen. All three couples are close friends and their children have all grown up really close.

Character List:

Castle DelMara
The royal family
King Lazarus
Queen Esme
Prince Zan (Max)
Princess Calla (Isabelle)

Ravenlyte Manor
The King's closest friends who are married and their children
Lord Theon
Lady Stella
Riordan (Michael)
Rayne (Liz)

Lachlan Manor
The Queens closest friends who are married and their children
Lord Duncan
Lady Audra
Cole (Khivar)
Declan (Alex)
Lyris (Maria)

Book One: Close Your Eyes is the first story in the trilogy. This is a story of love and betrayal. It is the story of how a planet is torn apart by a betrayal of someone close to the royal family. [/b]

Fast Cars, Furious Passions

Couple: Dom/Liz

Rating: Adult

XO w/ The Fast and The Furious

This story is in response to a challenge by Jezebel Jinx. Here's the challenge:

AU. Liz has never been popular at school (author can decide why she isn't popular). She only had two friends (Alex and Maria.) The popular kids are Isabel, Lonnie, Tess, Max, Michael, Rath, Kyle, Pam Troy, and Maria. I want some of the popular kids to be really vicious when it comes to tormenting Liz. And others to be indifferent, not really caring one way or the other.

When Liz is 15 the torment to her gets so bad her family sends her away from Roswell to go live with a relative. Now she's in a new town where she doesn't know anybody. Mia (Dom's sister) takes an instant liking to Liz and helps her gain confidence, dress sexier, and get a more bad-ass attitude. While hanging with Mia, Liz is instantly attracted to Dom.

Dom and Liz, either a short while before Liz turns 18 or after (I want Liz to still be in high school), start to date and she becomes a member of his racing gang. Now her father is sick and she goes back to Roswell to help her mother take care of him. (I want Liz to go by herself but Dom and the other's are about 2 days behind her since they had to take care of some stuff, but they still want to support Liz while her father's sick).

The popular kids that used to tease her heard she was coming home because of her father and want to be at the Crashdown to cause her more pain. But they don't recognize her so she just walks right past them. They find out it's Liz somehow before Dom and the others get there.

The guys are instantly attracted to her and the girls (minus Maria) are instantly jealous of her. I want a confrontation to happen out on the streets and Dom and the gang come riding up evening the score.

Optional

Either Lonnie, Tess, or Pam trying to get with Dom and he turns them down flat.

Max or Rath (I normally love Rath but I see him as an asshole in this) trying to force himself on Liz and Dom saving Liz.

Dom and Liz getting caught having making out or having sex in his car.

One More Night

Couple: Conventional

Alternate Universe, Aliens

Intro:

This a story based on the challenge by Zanity. The challenge is as follows:

Crown Prince Zan of Antar just turned 18. On his birthday his parents announced his up coming wedding to Crown Princess Elizabeth Parker of Banor. The marriage was arranged as part of a peace treaty between the two worlds.

Prince Zan gets really upset because he's never even met the girl and he always hoped to marry for love. He takes off and disappears. He ends up on the near by planet of Rizer, calling himself Max acting like a commoner trying to remain anonymous while he cools off. He knows he'll eventually go back and do his duty, his planet is important to him. But he needs time to cool off.

Princess Elizabeth gets equally upset at their parent's arrangement for the same reason. She too runs away to cool off. She too knows she'll eventually return to do her duty. She ends up on the same planet acting like a commoner named Liz.

The two meet and sparks fly. They fall in love and spend the next three months having a torrid affair before Liz decides she's cooled off enough to go marry the prince. It nearly breaks her heart but she leaves Max a note saying goodbye by their bed and leaves him in the middle of the night.

Max reads the note and decides to go back too. Both are pleasantly surprised when the meet back up with their loves for the first time at the altar on their wedding day.

The Weight of Love

Couple: Max/Liz

Alternate Universe w/o Aliens

Intro:

Hi Everyone. This is a story in response to a challenge by BehrlyLiz. The challenge is as follows:
Inspired by the movie Boomerang.

Max Evans is a smooth talking player who is use to getting what he wants from women. He is also a sharp attorney who’s in line to become a partner of a successful law firm (Lowell & Whittick) but is overlooked for the job when the firm merges with another top law firm. The merger of Lowell & Whittick with Guerin & Associates brings Tess Parker and her sister Liz Parker (both are lawyers) into his life. Max is extremely attracted to Tess and tries to pursue her to no avail. Tess is a major player herself and isn’t the least bit interested in Max.

Things that must happen in this order:

-Max and Liz become good friends.
-Max hooks Liz up with Alex
-Alex and Liz decide there’s no chemistry between the two so they remain platonic friends.
-Tess is made partner (because she slept with one of the partners. Max and Liz are more qualified to be a partner)
-One night while working together late, Max and Liz kiss to which both chalk it up as being a mistake. Tess witnesses the kiss (Tess has always been jealous of Liz. Make up a reason).
-Tess gets Max to help her on a high profile case, which involves a trip to some exotic place. Tess is so impressed with his skills as an attorney that she gives into his seduction because she wants to get him before Liz. Max starts to really like her and gives up his player ways so that he can be a one woman-man.
-When Max and Tess get back to town, word goes around the office that they had sex.
-Liz warns Max about Tess because she knows that he really likes her and she doesn’t want to see him get hurt.
-Tess plays Max by doing to him a lot of what he’s done to other women. Plus Tess is a player as well and has no intention of getting serious with anyone. She views Max as a good lay and a way to get under Liz's skin.
-Max and Liz get involved (Alex warns Max not to hurt Liz).
-Max and Liz move in together.
-Since becoming partner, Tess has been very busy and out of town mostly. Once she’s back in town, she takes notice of the fact that Max and Liz are involved.
-It becomes her mission to break them up.
-At some point Max gives into Tess and he and Liz break up.
-Max wins Liz back.
-Must have dreamer ending.
Last edited by Skittles1983 on Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:03 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"Something in your eyes makes me smile..." David Gray
Skittles1983
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Skittles1983 »

Writing in Progress

Separate Lives

Couple: CC

Intro:

This story is in response to a challenge by Nibbles2. Here's the challenge:

Starts with Destiny. When they pod squad activates the orbs, it doesn't send them a message from their mother but activates their memories and personalities from Antar. The four are no longer Max, Michael, Isabel and Tess but Zan, Rath, Vilandra and Ava. But they have no memory of their deaths or life on earth.

They can speak English, but that's the extent of it. Nasedo is still there and he manages to convince them that Liz is trustworthy and will look after them before he departs to take up his position as Pierce.

But the royal four get the wrong idea and think that Liz is a servant.

They have completely different personalities.

Zan is arrogant and possessive of Ava. He doesn't love her. (He loves himself too much to love somebody else) He's very bossy and domineering. He expects Liz to pander to his every whim and can't believe it when she stands up to him. Eventually he falls for her - but it doesn't happen immediately.

Rath loves being on earth. He takes an immediate shine to the human female form and sets about trying to seduce every woman he meets, Including Liz. He's eager to fit in and learn earth ways so he can pass as human.

Vilandra is really sweet and shy. Very innocent and protected. She's madly in love with Rath because he's the typical bad boy but is too embarrassed to even look him in the eye. She's more like a thirteen year old than the Isabel we know and love.

Ava is fun loving and immediately strikes up a friendship with Liz. She doesn't love Zan and is delighted to be on earth because as far as she's concerned it means she is no longer married to him. So she's constantly trying to sneak off and have fun. but because she's so clueless about earth it ends in chaos.

The humans have to teach the aliens how to fit in on earth. They pair up into their couples to guide them through their lives. It's hard at first to convince them to act like they used to, going to school and work is a major shock to the aliens. Kyle is drafted in to look after Tess.

After a while, the earth memories comes back and each relationship is the better for it.

Can be angsty but could be fun and fluffy too. Must be CC, any rating.

Never Say Goodbye

Couple: CC

This story is in response to a challenge by Lillie. Here's the challenge:
*I was reading this romance novel that I love for about the millionth time. Now, I thought it would be kinda cool with a Roswellian twist. But since I've read it more than once, I don't think that I would be the best judge of character to write it. So I'm putting this out here, but mostly just the premise. Not a whole bunch of details, but some. Based on the book Married By A Thread by Kia Cochrane.*

The Evans family is going through hell at this time.

Oldest brother, Michael Evans' marriage to Maria is on the rocks. The two of them are separated, and Maria is adamant about getting a divorce, while Michael isn't sure what to do anymore. He loves his wife, but he understands the way that she's being. She has turned herself off from feeling everything, but Michael desperately wants his wife to come back to him, to face her pain.

Younger brother, Max Evans was released from prison six months before, after spending five years in jail for a murder he knows he didn't commit. When his best friend was killed, the evidence pointed to Max, but he swears that he didn't do it. He lost his girlfriend, Liz Valenti and his freedom.

Younger sister, Isabel Evans is dealing with a relationship she knows that her brother isn't going to like. She's in love with Alex Valenti, but things between the Evans and the Valenti family are not good. Isabel is stuck between the man that she loves and her family. What is she going to do when she finds out that she's pregnant?

Liz Valenti's heart was broken when the love of her life was arrested for her twin brothers murder. She didn't believe that Max would do something like that, but when Max told her that he didn't love her, she began to wonder how much she knew about him. After five long years, Liz comes home for a family emergency. What will she do when she runs into Max? She's still in love with him, but there is just so much pain involved, and she doesn't know what to do.

Kyle Valenti is the hot head of the family, who is extremely bitter about Max being out of prison for his brothers murder. He's supposed to be happy with his wife, Tess, who's beautiful in every way to him. But he has began to wonder just what exactly was the relationship his wife had with his younger brother, who died.

-- CC, M/L, M/M, A/I, K/T. Michael and Maria have their problems, you can decide what it is and why Maria is so determined to leave. But no adultery, please. Max didn't kill his best friend. And you can keep Kyle with Tess or not. It's up to you.

What happened to make Liz leave Max was that Max told her that he didn't love her. He lied to her, because he saw how much pain she was going through. Stuck between her family, who believed that Max killed her brother and the man that she loved, so he made the decision easier for her. So that is why she left.

Edge of a Broken Heart

Co-Author: Heather

Couple: Max/Liz

This story is in response to a challenge by Lillie

Here's the challenge:
I'm watching this movie called Girl. But it's not really the plot that I think would be a good story. More of like, what the future could have been, I guess.

When Liz Parker was 18, she was a straight A student, a good girl. But she decided that she wanted to be something else, she wanted to rebel and she got herself into the music scene. She meet Max Evans who was a rising singer in a band. The two of them fell in love with one another, but Max's dreams were going to take him away from her, she knew it. But Liz still wasn't prepared when it happened. Liz poured her heart out to Max, she wanted to go with him. She wanted to be more than his girlfriend, but Max told her that she couldn't. He left for tour and broke her heart.

Liz moved on with her life, went with her plans like they were supposed to be. Went to the school she was supposed to go to, dated the men that she was supposed to, but she never forgot about Max Evans, who had turned into one of the biggest names in the music.

And a chance meeting ten years later, brings the two of them back together. Will their love be stronger the second time around or would his music once again get in between them?

Something Like You

Couple: Conventional

Alternate Universe, W/O Aliens

Hi Everyone! This story is in response to a challenge posted by Poison Ivy. The challenge is as follows:

Inspired by and Based on Danielle Steele's Toxic Bachelors

Max Evans, Michael Guerin and Alex Whitman are three best friends who saw each other rather rarely after their high school. Still they remained the best of friends you can get.

Max Evans is your typical bachelor guy. In his late twenties, he's that kind of guy that has one-night-stands weekly. As a head of a big time million making company, he has everything he ever dreamed. Expect that little thing, called love.

Michael Guerin has the same age as Max and swore off all woman, after his broken marriage. He thought that she was the one, but her thoughts weren't the same. Now, to avoid a serious relationship , he became a pilot traveling all around the world.

Alex Whitman has casual relationships, but they all end the moment where it gets more serious. He can't commit to the thought of him starting a family, particularly the girls family. As a well known song writer, he has more money that to know what to do with it.

The three friends come together twice a year. One time with thanks giving and one time for their annual summer trip, where they borrow Max's father's yacht to make a cruise around the Caribbean.

Now it's summer and just before they leave, Max' younger sister comes to break him some terrible news and their annual trip changes when three persons becomes 6.

Must haves
* CC
* First a few chapters of their past
* Happy ending
* Not 'adult', ply. You can pick Mature, but not adult
* One of the girls has a secret back home

Coming Soon

Another You

M/L challenge by Zanity

--In "Meet the Dupes" Ava is Liz's dupe instead of Tess'
--Liz upon seeing her dupe comes to several conclusions:

1) She is Max's bride -- not Tess
2) She must have hatched early and it must have effected her power development
3) They must have changed enough of the time line because Future Max obviously never met the Liz dupe or he wouldn't have told her they needed Tess
4) Tess had to be an Enemy impostor
5) It is time she told Max the truth about Future Max
6) She should see if Max and her dupe could help her with figuring out her powers
7) Her parents have apparently been lying to her

--Liz and Max and Ava disappear together for a few days
--Once she has Max alone Liz just can't bring herself to tell Max so she asks him to connect to her and see the truth in her mind
--After Max learns the truth he and Ava help Liz learn to use her powers (She gets the same ones as in the show except she can control them better)
--Ava tells Max and Liz about Rath and Lonnie's Betrayal
--Max & Liz "Cement" their relationship and make plans for dealing with Tess, Rath, and Lonnie before they come back

Use your imagination and have fun with what happens when they come back.

Must Have a dreamer ending

Doorway to Forever

Imzadi challenge - Max/Liz by ChrisKen

Based on the classic 'Star trek, the next generation' book by Peter David.

- Story starts in the fairly far future. Liz is dead, the gang is mostly split up, but Max is practically an empty shell, having had noting to live for since before he graduated high school. He gets called back to Roswell because Liz's mother is dying... she resented Max and blamed him for her death. As she dies, she twists the knife one more time, ranting at Max for not having been able to save her.

- While still in Roswell, Max has two significant flashbacks... one to the circumstances of Liz's death, which should be creepy and unresolved, and then to a significant moment in his and Liz's relationship before things started to go badly between them (i.e. before TLV?) The second flashback might be a POV of a Max/Liz episode from season 1, like sexual healing, blind date, heat wave etcetera... or might be something that you as the author makes up. (Ideally there should be a subtle plot connection between that flashback and the one where Liz dies.) Maybe the flashbacks are structured as Max telling somebody else about Liz... Michael/Maria or Isabel/Alex's kid perhaps??

- The second flashback should end by describing what else happened to Max and Liz in the time before she died, and end up with a scene that was in the first flashback, but different... because Max either runs into future Max directly, or gets some mysterious sign that Liz's life is in danger.

- On the way back home, Max finds something out, or realizes something, that convinces him that Liz's death was arranged by a time traveler, and he finds out that he can go back in time using the Granolith. There's a huge argument about this, and at least one other member of the gang tries to convince Max that he shouldn't upset their futures just for a pie-in-the-sky chance to save Liz. Max sneaks up to the Granolith and sets it to send him back. Probably there should be a way for multiple people to go back in time, so that Max is up against aliens from the future who don't believe that he should save Liz's life.

- The final sequence is the time travelers struggling over Liz's life and death... Future Max trying to save her, maybe recruiting members of the gang in the present... but there are Max's friends from the future working against him, AND whoever went back to kill her in the first place.

That's about all I can think of now. Any takers??

Immortality Series Book 2: Whisper

Whisper is the second story in the trilogy. This story is of long lost lovers finding their way back to each other on a different planet. At first the characters will have no memories of their past life, but it will come back to them.

Immortality Series Book 3: Forever Love

Forever Love is the third and final story in the trilogy. This story reflects how the lovers' lives have turned out after they are reunited on Earth and must travel back to Antar.

Sequel to This Love
More info soon

Sequel to Starts with Goodbye
More info soon

Sequel to Shadows of the Night
More info soon
Skittles1983
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Skittles1983 »

Author's Note:

Hi!
I will be redoing and updating my author's page soon and I will definitely include links. Thanks for reading:)
~Amy
Queenie_B40
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re:

Post by Queenie_B40 »

roswell3053 wrote:
Natalie36 wrote:Sorry to bother you but how do I get to these stories. I don't see a link and they really sound good. Hope you get this message :cry:
Ditto!!
double ditto!
“I am Avaria, queen of Antar. I live only to serve my king.”

“I am Rathard, commander of our king’s army. I live only to serve my king.”

“I am Vilandra, princess. I live only to serve my brother, my king and my people.”

“I am Zan, king of Antar. I live only to serve my people and my planet.”

“I am Liz. I’m just the augur.”
Michelle17
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Skittle1983's Stories A/N 9/30/07

Post by Michelle17 »

Hi I was wondering how to get to your stories? Are you still writing?

Thanks

Special thanks too

claudialynn