Island Breeze's Roswell Stories

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Island Breeze's Roswell Stories

Post by Island Breeze »

<<<>>> Stories by Island Breeze <<<>>>

Altered Time Series

1. Destiny In The Stars
2. Life In The Stars
3. Children Of The Universe
4. The Night The Dreams Died
5. The Four Faces Of Rath(Majik's World)
5. The Four Faces Of Rath (Roswell Fanatics)
6. Sliding Into Antar

Codename: TABASCO

(Now living on Antar, Michael is coerced into revealing a secret from his years in Roswell.)

Star Trails To Antar
(Short Stories culled from the Altered Time Series)

Departure – By Another Route
(A challenge response short fic)

Buffy Goes To Antar
(A Crossover challenge response short fic)

The Fall Of A King
(A one-part Dreamer fic… and no, all is not as it seems at first!)

Swamp Witch
(A Halloween Dreamer special, one part)

Goodbye
(A one-part Lamptrimmer challenge fic)

The Big Secret
(A Valentine's Day challenge fic M/L & M/M)

The New Computer Program
(A "cliche" challenge fic, M/L, A/I, M/M)

The Chance Of A Lifetime
(A Special challenge fic for Pooh at Majik's World, CC, ALL)

Turkey Soup
(A Thanksgiving Story edited from chapters in the Altered Time Series)

Christmas With The Children Of The Universe
(A Christmas Story edited from chapters in the Altered Time Series)

Road Trip: Hot On The Trail
(On Antar, Michael and Maria's young son, Zorel, decides to "borrow" Liz's sphere, which she had loaned to Michael, and see Earth for himself. But Michael and Maria are hot on his trail... and HOT on the trail. With his Antarian powers, Zorel is sure to cause a few unexpected sensations on Earth.)

Never Question A Woman's Heart
(Another twist on the Departure episode. After deciding to stay on earth with Liz and Maria, Max and Michael wind up not getting out of the granolith in time and they wind up going to Antar. But Maria tracks Michael down... with some unexpected help.)
Last edited by Island Breeze on Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:05 pm, edited 23 times in total.
Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Re: Island Breeze's Roswell Stories

Post by Island Breeze »

Altered Time
Destiny In The Stars

Destiny In The Stars

Awesome artwork by cosmicdream

Author: Island Breeze
Rating: TEEN or YTEEN, about like the show
Forum: CC
Pairings: M/L, M/M, A/I, ALL

Summary:

In the months after Max, Michael, Isabel, Liz, Maria, and Kyle were forced to abruptly flee their graduation and Roswell to avoid being slaughtered by a hastily revived government assassination team bent on killing them at their graduation ceremony, Liz and Max were finally married. But their happiness on the run was brief… and incomplete. That would never be possible until they could once again stand together with each other and with the families they had been forced to leave behind… until they could live their lives freely, unfettered, and unhunted. But would this dream ever be possible? The coming months brought desperate flight, a secretive visit back to Roswell, and –thanks to Kivar- the end of the world, after a device intended to kill Max and the remaining royals causes a chain reaction in Earth’s core, resulting in Earth’s total destruction.

The story opens with Max and Michael living on Antar after Earth’s destruction, but both are suffering from painful and often devastating memories. Max blames “Future Max” for skewing the timeline and for changing what should rightly have been a different future for himself and for Liz… and for all the others. So he and Michael decide to build a new granolith that will take them back to Earth's past. Look for lots of surprises… and for Alex to help save the world this time. This story was written to take us where I would have liked the show to go. It is my version of the continuing Roswell story and is intended for Dreamers, Candy Lovers, and Stargazers alike. It is YTEEN or TEEN rated… about like the TV series.

Nominations:

Best Conventional Couples
Best Original Character
Best Roswell AU
Best Roswell Dreamer Fic

/\......./\
/^ \,,,,/^ \
(= º 0 º =)
/\
)><{{{{º> ====(,,,)==(,,,)==== <º}}}}><(

The creators and producers of “Roswell,” Melinda Metz, who wrote the books, and Jason Katims, who brought us the TV series, deserve the credit for the Roswell concept, original characters, and any mention of events that occurred during the TV series, “Roswell,” which I do not own but merely lead down a path of imagination through the stars of a destiny that might have been. Characters not from the show are my own, including a host of children and Antarians, as well as alien adults and children from other planets.
Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Post by Island Breeze »

Life In the Stars
Life In The Stars

Awesome artwork by cosmicdream

Summary:

Life in the Stars takes up where Altered Time-Destiny in the Stars leaves off. The "pod squad" and friends are living happily on Antar with their families and going about their rather interesting lives, but Varec makes a dramatic revelation concerning Liz and Tess in "Something About Liz," and Max and Michael and clan decide that the kids should see Earth where they grew up. Of course, it can't be so easy! The trip to Earth is full of antics, and on Earth, old enemies await. Expect some angsty, frightful moments, but remember that the sun also rises! This story should be enjoyed by Dreamers, Candy Lovers, and Stargazers alike.

Nominations:

Best Original Character
Best Roswell AU
Best Roswell Dreamer Fic

Awards:

Best Portrayal or Use Of Children (Altered Time Series)

/\......./\
/^ \,,,,/^ \
(= º 0 º =)
/\

The creators and producers of “Roswell,” Melinda Metz, who wrote the books, and Jason Katims, who brought us the TV series, deserve the credit for the Roswell concept, original characters, and any mention of events that occurred during the TV series, “Roswell,” which I do not own but merely lead down a path of imagination through the stars of a destiny that might have been. Characters not from the show are my own, including a host of children and Antarians, as well as alien adults and children from other planets.
Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Post by Island Breeze »

Children
Of The Universe

Children Of The Universe

Summary:

Children of the Universe is the third book of the “Altered Time” series. It can be read and enjoyed as a separate story from the others, but to fully understand all the characters and how they got there, you might want to read the first two stories first. Children of the Universe begins 10-11 years after Life in the Stars, and Max and friends are sad, depressed, and full of angst since a disaster of Antar-wide proportions 9 years before destroyed their lives, but don’t expect things to stay this way. Remember that the darkest hour is right before the dawn. There is lots of action, adventure, humor, romance, and sci-fi here, just as in the first two stories. And anyway, have I ever let you down?

Nominations:

Best Original Character
Best Roswell AU
Best Roswell Dreamer Fic
Best Use of Children

Awards:

Best Portrayal or Use Of Children (Altered Time Series)
Best PG-13 Fic - Runnerup, Roswell Fanatics R2

/\......./\
/^ \,,,,/^ \
(= º 0 º =)
/\

Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Post by Island Breeze »

The Night
The Dreams Died

The Night The Dreams Died

Summary:

Graduation didn't go as planned for this group of podsters living in an alternate dimension. Liz awakens from a coma to learn that she alone survived… until clues suggest that the graves of the others might actually be empty. Everything up until graduation happened here the same as in the show, except that Tess and Nasedo never showed up in Roswell and Alex is still alive. Beginning with graduation, though, their story takes a deadly turn, one that will call on all of Liz’s faith, will, love, and determination in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds.

The Night The Dreams Died is inter-related with the Altered Time series, and though it can be read separately, it unfolds alongside The Four Faces of Rath, at the same time as that story. In fact, the two groups briefly come together in both stories. I generally recommend reading The Night The Dreams Died before reading The Four Faces Of Rath. It will give you a fuller understanding of that part of The Four Faces Of Rath, and it will allow you to enjoy The Night The Dreams Died without spoilers.

Nominations:

Best Portrayal of Sheriff Valenti (4) (RF R5)
Best Portrayal of Sheriff Valenti (3) (RF R8 )
Best Lead Portrayal of Liz Parker (RF R5)
Best Dreamer Fic (Majik's R1)
Best Dreamer Fic (RF R5)
Best Sci-Fi Story (5) (Majik's R1)
Best Sci-Fi Fic (RF R5)
Best Sci-Fi Fic (RF R8 )
Best Stargazer Fic (Majik's R1)
Best Stargazer Fic (RF R5)
Best Action-Fight Scene (Majik's R2)
Best Action-Fight Scene (RF R5)
Best Conventional Couples (Majik's R2)
Best Original Character (Rahn) (RF R5)
Best Fan Fic Banner (Majik's R1)
Best Candy Fic (RF R5)
Best Candy Fic (Majik's R1)
Best Overall Roswell Fic (RF R5)

Awards:

Best Sci-Fi Fic (Majik's World, Round 1)
Best Candy Fic (Majik's World, Round 1)
Best Action-Fight Scene (Majik's World, Round 2)
/\......./\
/^ \,,,,/^ \
(= º 0 º =)
/\

Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Post by Island Breeze »

The Four Faces
Of Rath

The Four Faces Of Rath

Summary:

Michael goes back in time in an effort to find out who he really is –or was- and gets stuck in the past with Zan and Rath, not entirely through his own doing or fault. But to get back he must get Max and Liz, Alex and Isabel, and the others all back together again and make them want a life they no longer remember when they have other lives now that some of them are quite content with… a daunting task even for Michael. The Four Faces of Rath is the 4th or 5th book of the “Altered Time” series (It was written at the same time as The Night The Dreams Died.) It can be read and enjoyed as a separate story from the others, but to fully understand all the characters and how they got there, you need to read the preceding stories first.

Nominations:

Most Imaginative Fanfic (Majik's R1)
Best Long Fan Fiction (RF R5)
Best Author of an Alternative Universe Fanfic (RF R5)
Best AU With Aliens (RF R5)
Best Roswell AU (Majik's R2)
Best Lead Portrayal Of Michael Guerin (RF R5)
Best Portrayal Of Michael Guerin (RF R5)
Best Portrayal Of Liz Parker (RF R5)
Best Science Fiction Story (RF R5)
Best Sci-Fi Story (Majik's R1)
Best Original Character (Majik's R2)
Best Roswell Dreamer Fic (Majik's R2)
Best Use Of Children (Majik's R2)
Fic That Kept You On The Edge Of Your Seat (Majik's R2)

Awards:

Best Portrayal or Use Of Children (Altered Time Series, Majik's R2)
/\......./\
/^ \,,,,/^ \
(= º 0 º =)
/\

Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Post by Island Breeze »

Sliding Into Antar
Sliding Into Antar

Rating: TEEN or YTEEN (about like the show)
Forum: CC with some Crossover
Pairings: M/L, M/M, A/I, ALL, + Sliders briefly
The Cast: Sliding Into Antar is first and foremost a Roswell fic, but the Sliders appear briefly twice during the story. Its characters just happen to cross paths with our Roswell heroes. You’ll see what I mean.

Summary:

Sliding Into Antar is the 6th book of the Altered Time Series. Chronologically, it takes place right after The Night The Dreams Died and right before Chapter 67 (Out Of A Nightmare) of The Four Faces Of Rath. After going into an alternate dimension (in The Night The Dreams Died) to rescue Liz's younger double, who had come to Liz in a dream asking for help, the crew is returning to their own dimension. But an unexpected collision in space with the Sliders' vortex throws them off course, and they learn that they are now literally interdimensionally lost in space. They find Antar after Antar... but none of them is theirs. And on each Antar, they find unexpected situations. It is certainly possible to enjoy this story even if you have never read any of the other stories of this series. But… then you may want to know what came before it and after it. :D

To Melinda Metz, Jason Katims, Tracy Torme, and Robert K. Weiss, a huge thanks for giving us two of the best shows that ever came to television.

Nominations:

Best Crossover Fic (Majik's R1)
Best Crossover Fic (RF R8 )
Best Lead Portrayal Of Maria DeLuca (RF R8 )
Best Sci-Fi Fic (Roswell Fanatics R8 )
Best Original Character (Majik's R2)
Best Roswell AU (Majik's R2)
Best Roswell Dreamer Fic (Majik's R2)
Best Use Of Children (Majik's R2)
Fic That Kept You On The Edge Of Your Seat (Majik's R2)
Fic That Made You Laugh The Hardest (Majik's R2)
Best Use Of Dupes (Majik's R2)

Awards:

Best Portrayal or Use Of Children (Altered Time Series, Majik's R2)

Other Honors:

Fic of the Week - Dreaming Among Stars
Featured Story - Antarians.com

/\......./\
/^ \,,,,/^ \
(= º 0 º =)
/\

Roswell is the creation of Melinda Metz, who wrote the books, and Jason Katims, who brought us the TV series. Sliders is the creation of Tracy Torme and Robert K. Weiss. They are responsible for the two shows' concepts and characters and for any events that occurred during either TV series that might be mentioned here. For better or worse, any other elements in this story, including storyline and additional characters that were not in the show, are my own vision and creation.
Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Post by Island Breeze »

Star Trails To Antar
Star Trails To Antar

Summary:

Star Trails to Antar is a collection of short stories culled from individual chapters in the Altered Time Series. I am a Dreamer at heart but also very much a Candy person and occasional Stargazer, so different stories may lean toward one set of characters or another (or all of them). The first story is a Michael POV as Michael tells us of his and Max’s adventures in the battle for Antar.

Nominations:

Best Short Story (Majik's World, Round 2)

/\......./\
/^ \,,,,/^ \
(= º 0 º =)
/\

Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Post by Island Breeze »

Departure -
By Another Route

(A challenge response short fic)
Departure – By Another Route

http://users.aol.com/isndbreeze/departure.jpg

Summary:

Departure – By Another Route is a short, stand-alone challenge fic. The Majik’s World Of Fanfic challenge was to rewrite the Departure Episode in any way desired. In this story, Max, Michael, and Isabel use the granolith to go home, taking Liz and Maria with them, but they wind up on a completely different planet, not Antar. This misrouting, as it turns out, was planned rather that accidental… by Max’s parents, long ago. It is a fairly short story, and I don’t want to give too much away, so read the story to find out more. :D

As a point of interest, there is currently a commercial running on TV where a man goes off to work, kisses his wife, then walks off a cliff and parachutes down to his car. His house is on top of the peak. It reminds me very much of the setting of this story, which was written a couple of years before that commercial ever appeared on TV. The house on the peak was a dream I had, and it so impressed me that I wrote it into the story I was writing. In Sweden, and maybe some other parts of Europe, there actually are some houses and castles sitting atop peaks like this, I recently found out.

Awards:

Best Sci-Fi Twist - Majik's World Departure Challenge

/\......./\
/^ \,,,,/^ \
(= º 0 º =)
/\

I don’t own Roswell or any of the characters from the show, or Buffy either, Gosh darn-it! If I did, they’d still be on TV for the next 120 years at least (along with Farscape)! Jason Katims and Melinda Metz own Roswell, I guess, together with UPN. I don’t know who owns Buffy besides UPN. I just record their further adventures… (and this “different” adventure with Buffy), ones they should have been able to have but didn’t get the chance to. So with my thanks to Katims and Metz… and to the creators and owners of Buffy.
Island Breeze
Forum Moderator

Post by Island Breeze »

Buffy Goes To Antar
(A crossover challenge short fic)
Buffy Goes To Antar

http://users.aol.com/isndbreeze/buffy.jpg

Summary:

On vacation, Buffy happens to be passing through the desert near Roswell, when her holiday goes awry... big time. A bomb blows up her car with her in it. Michael and Maria witness the explosion and decide, reluctantly, to take the critically injured girl to Max to save her life. Did you ever wonder why the "skins" cannot tolerate Earth's sun? Buffy knows. Anyone who has read any of my stories knows that, in my stories, Alex lives, Tess is not evil, and Jesse… well, who’s Jesse? But this is a very different story! In this story, there’s still no Jesse. And Alex… uh… hmmm… you’ll find out! But Tess! Well, this is not the Tess you’ve read about in my other stories! Oh no! I couldn’t resist this idea when it came to me. It was written for the crossover challenge at Majik’s World of Fanfic and is (for me at least) a very different concept. In all my other stories (The Altered Time Series), Tess will remain “redeemed” or good, though not the true queen, but it was fun portraying her HERE as something quite different. This is another unique version centering around the “Departure,” this time in a crossover universe. It is a two-hour episode! (Shouldn’t they all have been?)

Nominations:

Best Crossover (Roswell Fanatics, Round 5)

Awards:

Best Tess Bites The Dust Scene - Majik's World Crossover Challenge
/\......./\
/^ \,,,,/^ \
(= º 0 º =)
/\