Nibbles tasty treats

Authors can start their own thread with all their work here. Many authors also keep their readers informed on when they have updated a fic on their thread here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, ISLANDGIRL5, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Who would win in a no holds-barred bitch fight?

Poll ended at Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:05 pm

Carla from Gold Diggers by me
40%
Isabel from 521 by April
60%

Total votes: 10

nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Nibbles tasty treats

Post by nibbles2 »

New story added - Misadventure by Phone
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

New Fic Plus One

TITLE: Plus One
RATING: I'm fairly sure that this will be Teen, but to be on the safe side because there will be some adult language and references to sex, so I'm marking it as adult.
PAIRING: Mainly dreamer, some candy. And a little Peanut M&M, for a change.
SUMMARY: Max has been invited to the wedding of his former boss, Brody Davis and he needs a date.

This fic is for Alien_Friend, who graciously and generously paid for my services in a Support Stacie Auction back in 2007 or something like that. I have been very, very, very slack in writing the fic I owe her due to a combination of laziness, writer's block and writing GD and Crush. But I've finally managed to get my arse in gear and start writing this fic.
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

MirasMiracle wrote:Hi!
I just love your stories and quite ofen reread them.
But I can't find Crush anymore. It was always in the AU without aliens sub, now it's gone, but isn't in the completed section.... :(

Hi!! Thank you.

As Crush has been completed, it's been moved from AU to the Fanfic Award winners section. There's a link in my siggie, just below the banner that will take you directly to Crush.
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

So this is a very difficult and painful note for me to write. I've really struggled with this decision. Over the past few months, RL has become incredibly hectic for me. I've recently been promoted at work and that comes with a lot of added pressures. That, coupled with personal issues has left me with very little free time to myself. I’m trying to spend that free time with my family and my boyfriend. So what that means is that I don't have time for writing fanfic anymore. I will finish Plus One because it was an auction fic, paid for my Novy and I don't want to let her down. Table For Four will also be finished as we have only one chapter left to publish and that's almost written. But, sadly, Gold Diggers will not be completed. I know that I promised it would be, but I have lost all motivation for this fic. If I’m being honest, my GD muse died years ago and I have struggled on this far by determination to finish and because so many people have been reading and have been leaving me such wonderful feedback. I really, really, really hate to leave a fic incomplete, as I know how much that sucks but I simply don't have the time to spend working on something I no longer have any heart for.

I will post a synopsis of how the rest of the fic would have gone once I have it written up, hopefully that will be over the next few days.

I am truly sorry to leave it like this, I'd love to have finished GD and it will always bug me that I haven't been able to finish it. I hope you don't hate me for this. Thank you all so much for the wonderful support and encouragement I have received over the years.
Earth2Mama
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: On Moya, keeping an eye on Aeryn because Crichton is MINE!

Post by Earth2Mama »

Whoa ... I have to say I'm in complete shock and beyond sadden by your decision, but I get where you are coming from.

I myself have been trying to write this fic I've had in my head for the past 10 years and still, I can't get past writing the overall characteristics/background info I have for each of my characters. At this point, I'm lacking any real motivation to actually begin writing it. I may just put it up on the Challenge Board for someone else to write for me. I can only pray that it will live up to vision I had in my head.

That said, even though I'm sad this fic won't be finish, I'm happy that you've told us - rather than just have end up in the Dead and Buried section without any word. And given what's going on in your life, it sounds like there is a lot on your plate. Its understandable that you'd want to spend whatever time you do have free with loved ones and not stuck in front of a computer. I'm not one to throw stones or make you feel bad for what was obviously a hard and tough decision.

I'll just leave you with this ... Good luck with everything and thank you so much for the ride thus far. I've enjoyed it! Your stories will be missed. Hope to still see you around the boards as a commentator.

A fan of yours for life,
Ellie
Winner - Best Feedbacker Award Round 6
Winner – Funniest Feedbacker & Most Helpful Fanatic Award Round 14
Winner - Most Thought-Provoking Feedbacker Award Round 15

made by April :D

4-ever a lamptrimming, stargazing, candy-hearted dreamer!

Tumblr- elliesinwonderland | YouTube - Earth2Mother
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Alien_Friend »

Gosh, I am so sad to see you have to go. Thanks so much for your note. I sincerely hope things with RL work themselves out for you eventually. This place is not going to be the same without contributions from that brilliant imagination of yours. Thanks for sharing all you have.

You will always be one of my favourite writers and a reason why I fell in love with this place. The consistent quality put into GD being that very reason.

I'm so honoured to have that auction fic be one of your last completed solo work. Thanks so much for taking the the time energy to finish it.

All the best. You will be greatly missed.
Rowedog
Forum Moderator

Post by Rowedog »

Edit: You're a dick.

April Fool's my butt.
Alison’s Fics

Round 13 Funniest Feedbacker
Round 14 Feedbacker You Follow Around The Board (Stalkers!!)
Round 14 Most Thought Provoking Feedbacker
Helen of Roswell
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Nibbles tasty treats - Wait... Have I been BAMBOOZLED??

Post by Helen of Roswell »

Rowedog wrote:Edit: You're a dick.

April Fool's my butt.

Seriously, this is a joke, right???

'Cause if it is, I just got played for a fool. :P

I BELIEVED YOU, BB!! :lol:

Good prank. Thank goodness I found out before posting a
really long message about how I felt about your deciscion.
I was mentally putting one together as I was reading your
post. And believe me... it would have been LONG! :mrgreen:

~Helen~
ROUND 15: 13/04/12

THANK YOU for the Nominations and Votes, guys! :D Heart-Touched
Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Alien_Friend »

:lol: