*BOARD REFRESH* NOV. 2019 UPDATE

The place to get all the latest news. Also, new posters on the board should come here for a general outline of our policies and practices at Roswell Fanatics.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Alien_Friend
Addicted Roswellian

Re: *BOARD ERRORS - Oct. 29th UPDATE (2nd pg.)- PLEASE READ!

Post by Alien_Friend »

Wow, that sounds traumatizing. Thank you thank you for not giving up!! It's so great to have this board back.
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

D.D wrote:Are you going to be archiving completed fics on roswellfanfic.net/archives site still? Just a thought
Sorry, I didn't see this when it was posted.

No, we're not archiving fics there. That archive was set up way back when this board was moved from EZBoards (It think that was the name...it was a LONG time ago) to our own, self-hosted board. There was no way to convert the threads over, so that archive was created to capture all the fics from there. It is never updated or added to. This board, itself, is meant to be an archive. That's why we prune feedback and move fics when they're finished. It's an author's responsibility to round up the links to all of their fics and create their own archives in the Work By Author forum.
Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Whimsicality »

Hello. I'm not sure if this is the right place to report this, but I'm unable to update the first post in my author thread. It lets me update the title, but every time I try and update the actual text, I receive the following error:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

MySQL server has gone away [2006]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Whimsicality's Fics

There was nothing more she wanted to do than crawl back into bed, wrap herself in Michael, and spend the day trading kisses and learning what made him sigh, what made his breath catch, what made him purr in the back of his throat. - Liz in Hunted by Ashita

Polar Attraction - Not just for Polarists...
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Sorry for the late reply. Are you still having this issue?
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Whimsicality »

Yes I am, and no worries. I figured you don't have reason to look at this thread often :)

Whimsicality's Fics

There was nothing more she wanted to do than crawl back into bed, wrap herself in Michael, and spend the day trading kisses and learning what made him sigh, what made his breath catch, what made him purr in the back of his throat. - Liz in Hunted by Ashita

Whimsicality
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Whimsicality »

I fixed it! Some of my pictures had stopped working with my hosting service and apparently that irritated the board here. Reloading them allowed me to update.

Whimsicality's Fics

jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Ok, cool! I had emailed Angel to let her know of the issue, so I will let her know that it's resolved. Thanks!
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”

ja.forster
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ja.forster »

Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to post this but for a while now ( 6 months or so) I haven't been getting email notification from fics I've subscribed to and I was wondering how to fix it or... if this is permanent thing?

Jenna
jbangelo
Administrator

Post by jbangelo »

Hi, Jenna. This is a board-wide problem. No emails at all are getting sent--no topic notifications, no activation emails, nada. Unfortunately I do not have an ETA for a fix at this point.

ja.forster
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by ja.forster »

Hi :D
Thank you for letting me know and sorry for not replying sooner, I had no internet for awhile as our town was getting new wiring put in, soooo happy to be able to come read all these awesome stories!! :D
Jenna