*BOARD REFRESH* NOV. 2019 UPDATE

The place to get all the latest news. Also, new posters on the board should come here for a general outline of our policies and practices at Roswell Fanatics.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Angel
Administrator

*BOARD REFRESH* NOV. 2019 UPDATE

Post by Angel »

Hi everyone! I'm sure you've all noticed the repeated errors you've been getting lately. I know it's a pain, but PMing and posting is still working, you just might have to refresh. I can't stress enough that all authors should have their fics backed up on their own computer or somewhere else other than this board. I would hate for there to be a problem that we can't recover completely from and have authors lose their work.

The issues we're having right now are server issues. There are upgrades that our board software requires of the server to continue working at its optimum. I'm in contact with our server people and we're trying to get it all straightened out. Best case scenario is that they update some components of the server and we're good to go. Worst case scenario is that they can't give us the updates we require and we have to find a new server. That means moving the entire board and its archive. Because our database is extremely large, old, and fragile, I am extremely hesitant about moving it yet again.

So I ask for your patience while we try to get this worked out to our benefit. We're being provided with free server space right now that's been relatively trouble-free, so I'd really like to keep it that way. You'll probably see errors pretty frequently when trying to post, and especially when sending PMs. Just ignore them. It doesn't mean your PM didn't get sent or that your post didn't get posted.

The first place I post updates about the board is at our Yahoo User Group. I highly suggest you join this group to stay up to date on technical board issues.

I know it's annoying so thank you thank you thank you for your patience! :D

Yahoo Group
We also have a Twitter feed for off-site updates.

Your frazzled Admin,
Angel
greywolf
Roswell Fanatic

Re: *BOARD UPDATE THIS WEEK*

Post by greywolf »

GULP!
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Misha »

Just wondering if you are aware that there's a recurring error? When you log in, then it redirects you to an nonexistent page. And when I post a comment it shows weird lines up...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2356: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(.) is not within the allowed path(s): (/:/tmp/)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2361: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(.) is not within the allowed path(s): (/:/tmp/)
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Misha wrote:Just wondering if you are aware that there's a recurring error? When you log in, then it redirects you to an nonexistent page. And when I post a comment it shows weird lines up...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2356: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(.) is not within the allowed path(s): (/:/tmp/)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 2361: file_exists() [function.file-exists]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(.) is not within the allowed path(s): (/:/tmp/)
I'm also getting this. It doesn't seem to be interfering with anything. It's just odd-looking.
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
Misha
Addicted Roswellian

Re: *BOARD ERRORS - April 21st UPDATE - PLEASE READ!*

Post by Misha »

Yeah, it's working fine. I'm a web content manager too, and it's nice when someone points out an error you might not be aware of. It's annoying when you are aware and people keep bringing it, though :lol:
"There's addiction, and there's Roswell!"
Angel
Administrator

Post by Angel »

Testing.
maipigen
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by maipigen »

I can log in now...is that a fluke or am I just way behind schedule? Either way: I've REALLY MISSED THIS BOARD!!! :D

WON:
Favorite Newcomer:)
Best Fic No One’s Reading, but Everyone Should Be
Best New Fanfiction

How did that happen?
garcia88
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by garcia88 »

Yay I can log in now!!!! I totally missed this board....
ImageImage
Thanks to Hunter and singerchic4 for my siggies and avi.
Mt Gazer
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Mt Gazer »

I want to start a thread/topic or whatever called Standing Ovation...

Its where everyone can thank Angel and her team for tirelessly working to get our beloved RF back and running again.

How would I go about this, or where can I put it?

We need to all sign it... Angel truly was an angel and truly is to be commended.

Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart...

Mt Gazer/Velvet Skye
"An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth". ~author unknown

Karar Renkenberger
2-8-08
1 lb. 2 oz.
"Too beautiful for earth."
Freefall2007
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Freefall2007 »

Mt Gazer-- Great idea. I'll be glad to leave my thanks at your "Standing Ovation" thread! I mostly lurk, but like everyone else I MISSED THIS BOARD.