AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM FANATICS

The place to get all the latest news. Also, new posters on the board should come here for a general outline of our policies and practices at Roswell Fanatics.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MetallicaGeek
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Re: AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM FANATICS

Post by MetallicaGeek »

I can't believe it. Omg. This better be an April's Fool joke, since this is the only source of Roswell Fics that I have, and there are so many Twilight sites around already, why add one more to it?
It was me and this world and a broken dream.
nibbles2
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by nibbles2 »

That was so mean.

I seriously had heart failure for a few seconds until I realized what day it was. Thank God for that.
Adian
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Adian »

I came to sneak a peek before school and nearly had a heart attack. I am not a morning person I was cussing a blue streak thinking someone had tampered with the board. I'm awake now and praying this is a joke.
Read my stories:

Heir to the Granolith

Stranger In My Own Life

Via, Veritas, Vita
The way, the truth, the life
April
Roswell Fanatic

Post by April »

Dude, I just about died until I realized that this HAD to be a joke. And it is, right? Yeah, it is. It has to be. Right?

:lol: Pretty funny. Thanks for the heart palpitations.

-April
LOVE IS MICHAEL AND MARIA.
sunrise102
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by sunrise102 »

You had me going there for a second! LOL. At first I thought I went on the wrong website and hit the back button and was even more confused to see that it wasn't. If it hadn't been for the April Fools' joke my co-worker pulled earlier this morning I may have fallen for it hook, line, and sinker. :lol: :lol: You guys are hilarious!

Seriously, how long ago did you guys plan this?
Last edited by sunrise102 on Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
A clever person turns great troubles into little ones and little ones into none at all.

~Chinese Proverb
Jezebel Jinx
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Jezebel Jinx »

OMG! I just saw the board, this is a very elaborate April Fool's Day prank. Normally I hate April Fool's Day jokes but this one I gotta admit I love.

This morning when I first saw he message I thought it was real. I had only recently woken up and I hadn't had coffee yet. Not a good combo for figuring things out. But then after I had my first couple sips of java I really looked at the message and realized that if it is real then the Admin's have been possessed by pod people.

First off no way would there be a big change like this (for real anyway) without at least a weeks notice. The Admin's and Mod's are really good here about letting us know about changes well in advance. Second no way would Admin's/Mod's say just change the name of your characters in your fan fiction since they are so close to Twilight characters. Third it's April 1st, the day to play pranks on unsuspecting or suspecting people. And lastly I don't know of many people who would embrace the change of this board to Twilight. While I like Twilight I don't love it like I do Roswell.

So in closing, great prank. :lol:
Sig made by AngelFaith
My Fics
Ships: Bangel~Spuffy~Polar~Jumper~Drifter~X-tremer~Awakened Dreamer~Catfighter~Naley~Rogan~Liason~Chilly~Delena~Sebasthryn~Ezria~Jaylee
nitpick23
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by nitpick23 »

Angel wrote:Beginning today, Roswell Fanatics will now be known as Twilight Fanatics. Because of waning interest in Roswell and because the show ended 7 years ago, we’ve decided to convert the board to Twilight.

Because Twilight is so similar to Roswell, the transition should be a smooth one. The story and characters are practically the same, so you can even read old Roswell fics and just do a Find/Replace and change the names! Don’t forget to change “alien” to “vampire”.

We’re sure that most of you will embrace our new direction! We are super excited about it and look forward to your feedback! ENJOY THE NEW BOARD!

Sincerely,
The ex-Roswell Fanatics Admin Team
Angel, Kath7 & Kzinti_Killer
I really don't see how Roswell fics can be transformed into Twilight fics with a simple search/replace function. Never read Twilight nor did I see the movie but I'm wondering if the Vampires have the same powers as the Pod Squad? Can Is it Edward heal people and project a shield?? Also, I have a bit of a problem with a hundred year old guy hitting on a 16 year old. Is it just me or do others find that creepy? Oh, wait, vampires are supposed to be creepy.

Hope this is just a joke but if it isn't could you make seperate sections for Roswell and Twilight?

Oh, and with the exception of the Twilight graphics I like the new board look.
Temptation_K
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Temptation_K »

WHAT THE FUCK?!!?!?!?!?

Sure, I like Twilight, but there is NO need to cover up this website! I pray to God that this is a joke! A really really really mean fucking joke!
Touch if u will my stomach
Feel how it trembles inside
You've got the butterflies all tied up
Don't make me chase you
Even doves have pride
yayaliens
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by yayaliens »

this best be a joke! i completely agree with like everyone else who posted...

twilight is disgusting. not to mention i have a HUGE fear of vampires.
pijeechinadoll
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by pijeechinadoll »

:mrgreen: anyway ALIENS ARE BETTER LOOKING! ^^

EDIT: ...than vampires!
♥LUv roSWEll♥lOvE MaX eVAns♥LoVe Liz PaRKeR♥luV bEiNg a DrEamR♥LuV FANFICS♥
xoxoxox
To see a World in a Grain of Sand,And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand, And Eternity in an hour
(william blake)