OFF TOPIC: HOWEVER IMPORTANT Cherie Walley comes here...

The place to get all the latest news. Also, new posters on the board should come here for a general outline of our policies and practices at Roswell Fanatics.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ellie
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Ellie »

sylvia37 wrote:Like some, I only knew Cherie through her lovely words and her posts on my fics, but from what I've heard from others, she was a wonderful, caring, funny friend and we all know she was a gifted, poetic writer. Heaven gained an angel, and earth is missing one.

Sylvia
I think that said it perfectly.

I'm very sad to get this news today. :cry: My heart goes out to her family, they were so lucky to have had her in their lives. I so enjoyed the pms and posts I got from her. She was such a warm and encouraging person and will be dearly missed by me and many more.

Love you cherie.
Eden

Check out my Supernatural ficlet it's finally done!:oops:
magikhands
Obsessed Roswellian
Location: Trapped in my slashy mind with Max, Kyle, and Michael

Post by magikhands »

My heart is breaking as I read the news of Cherie's passing. Though I had not met her face to face I looked to her as a friend. She touched me, her words always so encouraging, and I will miss her greatly. My sympathy to her family but it's comforting to know that she's no longer going through the pain of treatments. :cry:
Magikhands' Little Roswell Obsessions
Come see my published print and e-books
Visit my website and blog
Michelle in LA
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Michelle in LA »

To my real surprise, I can't believe how much it has helped me to come here and share this with all of you! It really does help, not only to share the sorrow and sense of loss, but mostly, it's healing to be together and celebrate Cherie's life!

That's the most important thing—to know that the person lived well, loved well, and received love in return. And by those standards, Cherie really goes to the head of the class.

Remembering her just brings a smile to the face—joy, laughter. If anyone lived well, and had a full, rich life, it was she. If the only fragrance of your passing is love and laughter, then there is nothing to regret.

jero said:
I was reading those emails last night and in all of them Cherie said we have time to work out the details.
I never knew anyone who was so full of life, so full of plans and dreams of the future, right to the very last minute.

Fred said:
She was kind and considerate. I never heard her say an unkind word about anyone. She was one of the most unselfish people I have ever known;
This is so true—and I don't think I've ever known anyone else of whom it is. She was rare.

Eccentric One said:
You may not see her, but I have absolutely no doubt that she will be there. You'll be there, doing your thing and you'll just smile and laugh for no good reason... that'll be Cherie.
I bet we will! This was beautiful.

majiklmoon said:
These connections, these bonds are so strong, and so interwoven, like the threads of a tapestry. Cherie is a thread in this tapestry. Her thread hasn’t been broken by her death, rather, it’s been tied off, but it is still an integral part of the tapestry, a thread that has many other threads connected to it
Beautiful point. This helped me, so much! Thank you. Cherie would cherish this, especially the thought that she was part of bringing people together.

sylvia37 said:
Heaven gained an angel, and earth is missing one.

That says it all. And boy will we miss her.
~ Funniest FB ~ Round 11 ~ Best FB ~ Round 10
~ Most Thought-Provoking FB ~ Round 10
~ FB You Follow Around the Boards~ Round B
BelevnDreamsToo
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by BelevnDreamsToo »

Bordersinsanity wrote: Let me know when you're ready to print it and I'll print it for free. :O)
I'd LOVE a copy!! I'd be very happy to pay for mailing!! Thanks Jen!!

x0x0x, Jeannine
<center>Image
Fabulous banner by Bordersinsanity!!!</center>
jero
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by jero »

Cherie's service will be held Monday morning at 10:00.

Later,
jero

Roswellian, and PROUD of it!

VOTE for Roswell!
Realistic Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Realistic Dreamer »

I am so incredibly sad.

cherie was such a unique woman, with a love for life and a real gift for expressing her way of seeing it. Her words have always moved me, and I'm grateful that we will forever have this little piece of her.

My thoughts and prayers go to her family during this trying time. She will be greatly missed.
"It wasn't love at first sight. It took a full five minutes." ... Lucille Ball on meeting Desi Arnaz
itsabits
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by itsabits »

jero wrote:Cherie's service will be held Monday morning at 10:00.

Later,
Do you know where? I live relatively close and would like to try to attend.
Thanks, Liz
Lolita
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lolita »

I'm shocked and deeply saddened to hear of Cherie's passing. I didn't know until I received a pm from Lindsay. She was a kind, funny, and wonderful person. Although, we've never met in person, I feel I've been priviledged to know her through chats and pms and I'll forever cherish the video she sent me a year ago.

I will miss you dear, Cherie. Thank you for sharing your talent and your heart with us. May you forever live through acts of kindness and your beautiful words.

My condolences to her family.
<center>Image</center>
kay_b
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kay_b »

I'm in shock to know about Cherie's passing. I just found out today through a couple of PMs. I didn't get to meet her in RL, something I truly regret, but I did get to know her through her writings, PMs and chats.

She was a truly great person. And I guess it's better that she's already in Heaven and she's not suffering anymore, although she will be missed by a lot of people. One thing I know for sure, Cherie will never be forgotten.

Kay
roswellianprincess16
Addicted Roswellian

Post by roswellianprincess16 »

My thoughts and prayers are with her family. Cherie was always someone who made me smile and it was truly incredible to speak to someone so genuinely heartwarming. I'm going to miss her incredibly. :( But I have nothing but wonderful memories of her to keep me going.

Her writing was something both magical and beautiful, and it always made me cry. She had a way with words that I'd never seen before. She is a talent none of us will ever forget.