OFF TOPIC: HOWEVER IMPORTANT Cherie Walley comes here...

The place to get all the latest news. Also, new posters on the board should come here for a general outline of our policies and practices at Roswell Fanatics.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Michelle in LA
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Michelle in LA »

Jero, thanks for posting those pictures!

Is Myrle the one who lives in Texas? The people she'd visit around SXSW time?

~ Funniest FB ~ Round 11 ~ Best FB ~ Round 10
~ Most Thought-Provoking FB ~ Round 10
~ FB You Follow Around the Boards~ Round B
jero
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by jero »

Yes, Myrle is the "sister from Texas". :)

Later,
jero

Roswellian, and PROUD of it!

VOTE for Roswell!
Breathless
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Breathless »

As sad as Cherie's passing is, I am proud and honored to have known her personally, and called her my friend. She was one of the sweetest and dearest people I have ever known.

I was with her for a week in March (in Austin), and even though she was in extreme pain, she still had such a zest for life. We all had our fingers crossed that she would overcome this latest bout of cancer, but God called her home.

Dear sweet Cherie, her loss is felt deeply by everyone who was fortunate enough to know her. To her family, we share your loss. James, Myrtle, everyone, Cherie enriched all of our lives. We might not be with you to celebrate her life, but know that her heart has touched people around the world.

Debbi
Behr's Bitch
behrinthecity
Addicted Roswellian

Post by behrinthecity »

I heard the news a couple of days ago, but from that point on just felt at a loss of words, unable to fully comprehend that it truly happened. Now I still don't feel any closer to being able to verbally express my thoughts... but I'd just like to offer my condolences to all who knew Cherie-- her family, her friends...

I only knew her briefly through her kind, encouraging words from her feedback and in chats, and the lovely, poetic stories she graced us with, and am grateful for the chance to have known her through them. I shall certainly miss her wonderful, gentle presence on this board.
ISLANDGIRL5
Forum Moderator

Post by ISLANDGIRL5 »

I didn't know Cherie personally, like many of you, I only knew her through chats, FB, and her wonderful stories. But, I feel the loss just as well. As huge and diverse as it may be, the Roswell Fanfiction world is a family all the same.

Cherie, you will be missed, but not forgotten.

God Bless you and your family.
I once heard that dust is made up of human skin cells. If that's true, I think there's a naked man under my bed!
jero
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by jero »

Just a note... The 3rd pic Myrle sent is of Carla, Cherie's daughter, Cherie, and Beau, Cherie's son.

Later,
jero

VOTE for Roswell!
truelovepooh
Forum Moderator

Post by truelovepooh »

Michelle (alienmom) just called and asked me to post. The memorial went very well, and she has some great stuff to tell everyone when she gets home. She's on the road now and promises she will post either tonight, or tomorrow.
IAmLongTimeFan
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by IAmLongTimeFan »

Thank you, Pooh *smooch* I'm so glad Michelle made it. :)
<center>
Image</center>
jero
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by jero »

Thanks Pooh. I'm looking forward to Michelle's post.

Later,
jero

VOTE for Roswell!
alienmom
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by alienmom »

yep, i was there! i will compse my thoughts and have a little 'roswellian ' story for you very soon. :wink:
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"I am never far away. To find me, follow your heart." cherie
mom's cookie jar