OFF TOPIC: HOWEVER IMPORTANT Cherie Walley comes here...

The place to get all the latest news. Also, new posters on the board should come here for a general outline of our policies and practices at Roswell Fanatics.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

cherisis
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by cherisis »

I haven't been here in a while. Just wanted to see if anyone was still posting, and to say HI to all. I think I am starting to move on, and the sorrow is abating a little. The day to day life catches you when you fall and sets you on the right road again.

If all is not lost, where is it? Well for me it lives on in my Soul, Cherie, you are not lost and I will always remember where you are!
Thanette
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Thanette »

Hi Cheriesis

Glad that the pain is abating somewhat. Funny how life does that.
Big hugs.
Loretta
All things are possible to one who believes.
Scottie
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Scottie »

Cheriesis, I too am glad to hear that your family is getting back on the road, that's great to hear. We'll never forget Cherie, she still lives on in our hearts around here. She was well loved!
~Dreamer~
~Slash Ho~
~Sexual Healer~
cherisis
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by cherisis »

For anyone interested... Beau called today and requested that I post this info. Cherie left behind two cats a orange and white named stubby and a gray and white named tinkey. They need good loving homes. They are around 7 years old and very loving. If interested e-mail me. Thanks

I already have 4 cats and the city I live will not allow anymore per household otherwise I would take them.

Let me know
gwaller1@housston.rr.com
cherisis
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by cherisis »

Dreamer4ever
I have a video of Cherie, our neice, Jennifer (who just gave birth to a 7lb 8 oz boy) and me at a beach in Northern California. It is in IFO(20kb) and Mpeg (214,034 kb) format. We are playing in the water and such and then on our way back to the car we took a wrong turn and got lost in the sand dunes. I think others would enjoy seeing this but I do not know how to get it on the internet. Can you help? Maybe we can post it on the url with the videos link done by noseedough? Please let me know if you can help me.
WR
Addicted Roswellian

Gone but not Forgotten

Post by WR »

Being on this side of the pond, I always seem to miss out on the important news. And this is news that I really wish had not happened. Someone told me the other day that cherie has passed away and to say that I was shocked is an understatement.

cherie has been one of my many long term 'feedbackers' and while I am saddened that I will not see her comments again, I am happy that my small talents were enjoyed by her.

My thoughts and best wishes are with her family, somewhat belatedly, I'm afraid.

With my warmest, and most sincere regards,
Wayne
Aussie_Dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Aussie_Dreamer »

Hi all.

I have to admit, that until recently, I hadn't read cherie's fics. (To the best of my knowledge, anyway. I read a lot, and with ADD, it's hard to keep track)
These past few weeks, I've been reading them all over when I can. I've been reading her feedback...and I've been reading everyone's thoughts.

For one of the few times in my life, I'm at a loss at what to say. Cherie was such a huge part of everyone's lives, and it's heartbreaking to know she won't be posting anymore.

I wanted to have some quote, or song, or poem here to say what I feel, but I think there's nothing more I could say that others haven't already said.

To her family, I wish you all the best, and my heart goes out to you.

Her spirit will live on in everyone whose lives she touched.

Nicki
I have ADOS. Attention Defici...Ooh, Shiny!

"I always thought Australia was just like England, only with Vegemite instead of Marmite."
"Don't let any of the natives hear you say that. You'll have a riot on your hands."
~ Rose and the Doctor in LJC's fic 'Not a Busman's Holiday'
max and liz believer
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by max and liz believer »

My thoughts are with you, Cherie. Thank you for enriching our lives. I hope you have found peace.

Love,

Jo
Unbreakable (M/L, AU)
Facebook Page
My Imagination

Instagram: author_josephin_ripa
Roswell 10/2/00
Addicted Roswellian

Re: OFF TOPIC: HOWEVER IMPORTANT Cherie Walley comes here...

Post by Roswell 10/2/00 »

A month after Cherie passed I had a dream about her on May 27,2006.

This is what my dream was like. I never met Cherie yet I felt she was trying to reach out to me in her own special way. It was a beautiful dream and one I will never forget.

I have now since then have been to California but when I had my dream of Cherie I had not been. So it was almost like her way of telling me I should go out to CA, see Covina, and my friends and attend another special Roswell event The Bowl-A-thon!

The first time I went to CA was for the 4th Zeke Lerner Bowl-A-thon that October of 2006! It was a wonderful time and I know that Cheries spirit was with us! She would have been proud of us Reycled Teenages!
The dream I had of Cherie on May 27,2006 a month after Cheries passing

I had a dream about Cherie last night. I was in California of all places in Covina I have never been to Cailfornia or Covina but there I was. I hope to get to Covian someday! We were by the Crashdown and I guess we were at a Roswell gathering of some kind.

Anyway we were outside and Cherie saw me dressed in her famous flipflops and gave me the biggest hug and told me how it was wonderful to finally meet me. Then she told me to not to worry and to just enjoy life to the fullest and to have fun. I told her how it was wonderful to meet her and thanked her.The whole time she was smiling and laughing and having a wonderful time.

It was all so surreal being I never met Cherie but I have always felt a deep connection to her being Cherie had the same cancer my cousin Kerry who is 29 (she will be 30 June 14th) has and I know how hard a disease it is. I feel it was through Cheries helping words to me and her prayers to my cousin as well as her wonderful spirit that now shines down on all of us that my cousin is able to pull through.
On a side note my cousin Kerry who is now 31 had the same cancer as Cherie is doing amazing and her and her husband are expecting to have a baby boy this summer. It is a miracle being there was a slim chance that my cousin Kerry could ever have children. So we have been very blessed and I think Cherie had something to do with my cousins recovery and good news!

Cherie always touched my life in some wonderful and strange ways as well. I still remember the night I found her story A Month Of Sundays. I was going through a crazy time in my life and finding that story was a light in the storm. I was blown away by her powerful and poetic writing.

It was wonderful and I hold that story dear to my heart. Cherie made me want to become a better writer as a result. Her poem from A Month of Sundays I will always treasure it was beautiful and her spirit and words live on and have infulenced my life so much.

I find it was a blessing in a strange way to have that dream and in some mystical way to meet the woman Cherie Walley who has a profound impact on not only me but in the lives she touched.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you Cherisi :hug:

Hope all is well. Keep on dreaming.

Love,
Erin aka Roswell 10/2/00